• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 16, 2019, 05:37:29 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Bolt Action escalation league

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

John Dudley

i am interested are we aloud theatre  list or is in reinforced lists

martink0646

Quote from: Rob Farley on February 12, 2019, 07:20:24 pm
Do you have to stick with the same theatre selector from one game to the next? Presumably not, if you can move from early war to late war.

Hi Rob,

You can change at will as long as you have the same units in your list. The only thing that can change about the unit is it's veterancy.  If you choose an inexperienced list to begin with & that unit is only inexperienced in any list/theatre selector then you must stick with that. Please feel free to point out the issues with this if there are any :)

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

martink0646

Quote from: John Dudley on February 19, 2019, 01:56:04 pm
i am interested are we aloud theatre  list or is in reinforced lists

Hi John,

Yes. Have a look at the long post on the previous page.  The second sentence reads "Forces allowed are any army, from any book so feel free to be creative."

If you have any further questions please feel free to post here, on FB, PM me or grab me on a Monday night :)

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos

martink0646

Hi All,

After a lot of soul searching I am going early war, Bataan U.S.  Oorah!!!!!!!!! :)

MartinK

martink0646

February 24, 2019, 11:45:25 am #34 Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:16:30 pm by martink0646
Current list of interested parties. Let's try to firm this up over the next couple of weeks;

Tony Sansom - British (Sikhs)
Martin Knowles - US Battling Bastards of Bataan
Paul Yamcha Smith - German SS
Rob Farley - Chinese (?)
Chris Davies - Russians
Boris Dudley - Russians
Grahame - British
Andy Mellor - Germans 19th Panzer Division
Kevin Godbold - British
Phil J - Dak
Michael J Fox - Germans
Andy Miller - US 1st Infantry Division
Reuben Turner - (?) Told me but I can't remember ????
Stephen Butcher - (?)
Daniel Phillips - Germans
Colin Brett - US
Mark Gilby - (?)
Gary Martin - Germans (I assume)
Simon Deane - (Japanese)
Tom G - Romanians

Any queries/mistakes, let me know.

MartinK

Tom G

Can I join?

Will be either Germans/Romanians/Japanese.

Andy Miller

Can I jump in with :
US "The big red one!"
Don't worry I have some cream for it.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Andy Mellor

Martin, now with a possible 20 players  :D, has the club got enough tables and scenery for this, by the end it could mean 30,000 points fielded? Seems just as many as a tournament/weekend game. Should we have 2 leagues or smaller multiplayer games, obviously the Germans will be League 1 !!!

Rob Farley

The club has enough tables and scenery for 10 Bolt Action tables. What it doesn't have is enough for anyone else to play anything at the same time. We have the collapsible tables as well though, but it will need some planning.

But I can pretty much guarantee that we won't have all 10 tables filled every time. There's always somebody who can't or won't show up. ::)
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Daniel Phillips

We've plenty of roads, rivers & trees (particularly with all the winter trees). Between the normal stuff, the WWII era buildings we bought for Dead's Army and the Stalingrad scenery we should be ok for buildings as well so long as we don't want any fully urban tables. If we run short on anything it's probably going to be hedges, fields and maybe hills.

I can bring 6 extra 2'X4's if we're short and as Rob said we have the folding tables.

A lot will depend on what else people want to play on the campaign nights.

Are we using 6X4 tables for all the rounds or are we going to 4X4s for the smaller games?
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Rob Farley

4x4s would work for the 500 point games, but we need 6x4s for 750 points.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Tom G

Quote from: Tom G on February 28, 2019, 10:30:01 pm
Can I join?

Will be either Germans/Romanians/Japanese.

I will now be fielding Romanians.

martink0646

Hi All,

OK, 20 players!! I'm with Rob, it will be a miracle if we have 20 players each week. For the first week we can do 4x4 tables & that will give us an idea of where we are.

I will message everyone 2 weeks before & then release the schedule for the first round & message everyone again. If we have an odd number turn up I will sit out & catch up over the next three weeks.

I'm going to let everyone get some painting & building done then revisit the logistics in the first week of April. Thanks for all the support so far.

MartinK

Tom G

Martin did say we could make a case for a free unit at 500 pts.

Could I please bring my free 50pt light artillery piece because I''m playing Romanians and need all the help lol and its kind of the point of the army.