• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

January 20, 2020, 02:41:24 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Bolt Action escalation league

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Mellor

Andy Mellor

Quote from: martink0646 on September 20, 2019, 07:34:10 pmScoring will be as follows;

Destroy 10+ Armoured vehicle - 5pts

Destroy 9+ Armoured vehicle - 4pts

Destroy 8+ Armoured vehicle - 3pts

Destroy 7+ Armoured vehicle - 2pts

Destroy 6+ Armoured vehicle - 1pts

Destroy non-vehicle unit - 1pts

Destroy a vehicle with an infantry unit - 5pts

Destroy a vehicle with an artillery unit - 3pts

If you take an infantry/artillery unit it must have transport or a tow.

MartinK

This point scoring will make destroy the infantry lorries better targets than my tanks and armoured cars?

Daniel Phillips

I'd suggest normal scoring with a bonus for destroying armoured vehicles with an infantry or artillery unit.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

tony

i can join in but only have 1 brutish tank!, if you say you can swap for the last game have plenty of german armour. Never used my KT

Gary Martin

Can we use legendary vehicles from the Tank book?
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

colinabrett

Martin,

How many boards will you need? I will be opening up around 6:45 and can start shifting the tables upstairs.

Regards,
Colin

martink0646

Hi Colin,

Probably 5 please mate...thanks.

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

martink0646

Quote from: tony on September 27, 2019, 06:07:44 pmi can join in but only have 1 brutish tank!, if you say you can swap for the last game have plenty of german armour. Never used my KT
Yes mate...anything goes
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos

martink0646

martink0646

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 27, 2019, 01:07:40 pm
Quote from: martink0646 on September 20, 2019, 07:34:10 pmScoring will be as follows;

Destroy a vehicle with an infantry unit - 5pts

If you take an infantry/artillery unit it must have transport or a tow.

MartinK

This point scoring will make destroy the infantry lorries better targets than my tanks and armoured cars?

No, the higher the armour value of the vehicle you destroy the more points you score. 

There were two possible interpretations for the above rules...why would I have chosen the stupid one?  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

martink0646

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on September 27, 2019, 02:20:40 pmI'd suggest normal scoring with a bonus for destroying armoured vehicles with an infantry or artillery unit.

OK, why?  I'm happy to listen to reasoned arguments.

Daniel Phillips

QuoteScoring will be as follows;

So destroying more powerful vehicles gets you more points which is fine.

QuoteDestroy a vehicle with an infantry unit - 5pts

This is the bit that that's an issue, if I'm reading this correctly destroying a "vehicle" with an infantry unit gets you 5pts regardless of weather it's a jeep or a Tiger II?
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Andy Mellor

September 30, 2019, 10:26:30 am #162 Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 12:55:57 pm by Andy Mellor
Quote from: Daniel Phillips on September 30, 2019, 09:34:26 am

This is the bit that that's an issue, if I'm reading this correctly destroying a "vehicle" with an infantry unit gets you 5pts regardless of weather it's a jeep or a Tiger II?

Double points instead of +5 makes infantry that much braver and jeeps less tempting?

Don't think arty needs a bonus as HE better than my autocannons and some can dual role?

Tom G

Apologies for the short notice but I will not be able to play tonight although I may be able pop along later.

martink0646

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on September 30, 2019, 09:34:26 am

Yes, it encourages people to bring infantry for a bit of variety plus it's brilliant when a 50pt unit destroys a 300 point one.