• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 19, 2019, 05:13:00 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Bolt Action escalation league

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahame

what type of unit can capture objective?
Grahame

martink0646

28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

martink0646

Hi All,

Finally, the end of the odyssey ( :cheesy: ).  A tank battle, 1,500pts of armoured mayhem. I would love your force to be historical but if it isn't...meh.  However, there may be a bonus for some attempt at a historical force.

Force composition is literally 1,500pts. Period. Feel free to include as much infantry/artillery as you want but be warned, there will be no objectives. You may want infantry/artillery to attempt to kill armour cheaply. That's fine & will score heavily.

The mission will be just to destroy as many units of the opposition as possible. No vehicles are set up on the table at the start but all infantry/artillery units can set up up to 12" from your own table edge & may set up hidden. The first wave can consist of as many vehicles as you wish & there is no morale test in the first wave but there will be for any units coming in from reserve from turn 2 onwards.

You can choose when you bring units on at anytime, there are no minimums (or maximums) to the number of units in the first wave & outflank is allowed with the usual rules. Scoring will be as follows;

Destroy 10+ Armoured vehicle - 5pts

Destroy 9+ Armoured vehicle - 4pts

Destroy 8+ Armoured vehicle - 3pts

Destroy 7+ Armoured vehicle - 2pts

Destroy 6+ Armoured vehicle - 1pts

Destroy non-vehicle unit - 1pts

Destroy a vehicle with an infantry unit - 5pts

Destroy a vehicle with an artillery unit - 3pts

If you take an infantry/artillery unit it must have transport or a tow.

If you don't have 1,500pts of tanks but wish to play, let me know & I can provide a force for someone. If others are able to do the same please let us know.

Looking forward to seeing anyone & everyone who wishes to participate & join in the killing frenzy. Have at it.

MartinK
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos

Grahame

Do we have to stick with the army being  used so far? I don't have enough armour for western desert but could do NW Europe brits.
Grahame

martink0646

Chris Davies

Only have two tanks and two armoured cars. Various tank hunting infantry.
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

Chris Davies

Sudden thought: what about minefields?
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

martink0646

Quote from: Chris Davies on September 21, 2019, 02:57:02 pmSudden thought: what about minefields?
I've never used them...let me look up the rules.

I can lend you some 'lend lease' tanks. Just like the real thing!!!

I've got four M3 Stuarts you can use if that helps?

Chris Davies

Grahame

Latest faq/errata for bolt action relaunched on warlord website - are they to be used next week?
Grahame

martink0646

Quote from: Chris Davies on September 24, 2019, 10:03:44 amYes please!

I'll bring them along.  I'll look at what other lend lease vehicles I can let you have as well & let you know tomorrow.

martink0646

Quote from: Grahame on September 25, 2019, 06:00:00 pmLatest faq/errata for bolt action relaunched on warlord website - are they to be used next week?
Grahame
I have had a skim through it & I can't see anything relevant that wasn't already in the previous one. Please let me know if you've spotted something.

Andy Mellor

Do infantry transport vehicles set up with deployed infantry or start off table?

martink0646

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 27, 2019, 06:29:34 amDo infantry transport vehicles set up with deployed infantry or start off table?

Your choice. This is going to be very free & open. Start deployed, in reserve in outflank...up to you.
Are you going to be there Monday?

martink0646

September 27, 2019, 10:52:18 am #149 Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:04:18 am by martink0646
Quote from: Chris Davies on September 24, 2019, 10:03:44 amYes please!
Hi Chris,

I've attached a list with 7 Tanks & an armored car I will bring along for you. Make yourself a list using those vehicles if that helps...I'll bring them anyway.

Soviet Tank Platoon

MartinK