• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 19, 2019, 05:45:44 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Bolt Action escalation league

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Grahame

Chris Davies

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Andy Miller

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Rob Farley

Probably should have asked this before, but what does "successful tank assault" actually mean? Strictly speaking, this would be an assault by a tank but I don't think that's what you had in mind given the follow-up rules.

Assuming that it's infantry assaulting a tank, what's the definition of "successful"? Do you just have to make contact? Cause a hit? Cause damage? Destroy it?

Which definition of "tank" are we using? Does it have to be a tank or are we using the definition from p110 of the rulebook (i.e. any vehicle with armour 8+)? Or the definition from p112 (any fully enclosed armoured vehicle)?

Sorry. This is what happens when I start thinking about things.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Tom G

Phil Freer

Rob Farley

Quote from: Rob Farley on May 22, 2019, 08:43:10 pmProbably should have asked this before, but what does "successful tank assault" actually mean? Strictly speaking, this would be an assault by a tank but I don't think that's what you had in mind given the follow-up rules.

Assuming that it's infantry assaulting a tank, what's the definition of "successful"? Do you just have to make contact? Cause a hit? Cause damage? Destroy it?

Which definition of "tank" are we using? Does it have to be a tank or are we using the definition from p110 of the rulebook (i.e. any vehicle with armour 8+)? Or the definition from p112 (any fully enclosed armoured vehicle)?

Sorry. This is what happens when I start thinking about things.
Follow up question:
The objective says "using a squad". Does this mean that other types of infantry unit (HQs, teams etc) don't count? As it stands, a Russian/Japanese/Chinese player couldn't score this objective if they assaulted with a tank hunter team, which seems odd.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

martink0646

Hi Rob,

Thanks for pointing out my shonkily written objective  :embarrassed:  :laugh: . Tank = 8+ Armour vehicle, Squad = any infantry, weapons or HQ team that destroy said 'tank' following the rules for 'Infantry assaulting vehicles on P112/113.

I hope that's clearer :)
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos
28mm: Wish List - Hungarian/Romanian army
Cruel Seas: British & German starter forces.
Wish List: Star Wars Legion box set

martink0646

2nd Round Pairings

Gary M      vs Grahame
Andy Mellor  vs Boris D
Michael J F  vs Tony S
Phil F      vs Rob
Tom G        vs Dale
Dan P        vs Andy Miller
Newt        vs Chris D

That wasn't too hard, the way the points table looked worked quite well in avoiding 'blue on blue' in the match ups.

If I've left anyone out let me know. I will trun up with my army so if we've got any drop outs we will make sure that everyone has a game :)
28mm: Ready for Action - Home Guard, Brit Recon Force, US Army, US Marines, Battling Bastards of Bataan, early war French. 
28mm: In Build - 'The Eagle Has Landed' list, Brit Commandos, Captain America & the Howling Commandos

Phil Freer

I'm afraid I will have to drop out tonight.
Sorry Rob.
Please leave me out of this round, unless there is anyone else not coming tonight and they wish to play at another point.

martink0646

Hi Phil,

If you want to catch up, I need to get my game in so I can play on any of the next three weeks.  Let me know if you are interested with the date if you are.

MartinK

Phil Freer

Short notice, but can you do tomorrow, 3rd June?

martink0646

Sorry Phil, other plans now.  I am free the next two weeks.

MartinK