Peterborough Wargames Club
February 22, 2019, 07:24:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kings of War narrative campaign  (Read 40 times)
Gary Martin
Administrator

« on: February 17, 2019, 11:41:09 am »

So had a few thoughts on this. With Mantic having released the Vanguard rules, which are linked to KOW as a skirmish level, I was considering linking the two together as a joint campaign. Each of the Vanguard scenarios have a hook to KOW so the results from the Vanguard game(s) have an impact on the bigger KOW engagement, all based in the same world.
The rough campaign narrative will be the forces of the Abyss (Evil factions) is launching a major attack on the good nations of Mantica (Good factions). Neutral factions linked to either to keep sides even. Each Army is moving to group together to confront the other. As they move small ‘black ops forces’ move ahead completing certain missions relevant to the bigger picture. The results of these ops impacts on the larger forces as they move forward.
The idea would be to play a 1 or 2 club evenings doing Vanguard scenarios, followed by bigger engagements the next campaign day using KOW with 3 or 4 separate battles, dependant on numbers of players. The results of these battles then inform the overall picture and we then run another 1 or 2 vanguard nights, access the results and have a further round of KOW. When the campaign has reached a point the overall results lead to a major all day KOW battle on a Sunday. Looking to start in summer so plenty of time for people to practice the rulesets. Vanguard requires about 10 to 20 miniatures from the KOW factions, and battles last just over an hour. Any thoughts or interest?

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
colinabrett
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 04:10:48 pm »

Hi Gary,

I'm interested in joining in. In WFB terms, I can muster Orcs/Goblins, Elves, Chaos (Varangur), and Bretonnians (Brotherhood?). Some work is needed to get them all based up.

I don't have the Vanguard rule book (yet), so will the free-to-download rules from Mantic's website be sufficient?

I'm willing to loan an army to interested players.

Colin
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 07:09:53 pm »

Hi Gary,

I'm interested in joining in. In WFB terms, I can muster Orcs/Goblins, Elves, Chaos (Varangur), and Bretonnians (Brotherhood?). Some work is needed to get them all based up.

I don't have the Vanguard rule book (yet), so will the free-to-download rules from Mantic's website be sufficient?

I'm willing to loan an army to interested players.

Colin
Colin the free rules download will be fine as it looks like a direct copy. The army lists for all the KOW related factions are also a free download. This is a link;
http://www.manticgames.com/free-rules.html

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Tom G

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 07:15:27 pm »

I'm in. Forces of nature or Goblins dependant on start date?
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 07:25:42 pm »

I’m in - men or elves if I get the latter painted.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Daniel Phillips
Administrator

No Plan Survives Contact with One's Allies

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 01:19:19 pm »

I'm in. Probably Dwarfs, maybe Kingdoms of Men.

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: