• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 15, 2019, 08:13:13 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Mellor

Grahame

On Monday the first task is to carry out officer promotions etc

Parliament: Grahame Cpt  Andy Miller Ens  Colin Cpt  Gary Ens  Tony Cpt Andy Mellor Ens

Because of Bridlington most of the Royalists have gone 'round the clock' so those marked * start again with new officers at Ensign and dice for all the levels up to their current status as follows....

Royalists: Mike* Cpt  Carl* Mjr  Ash* Cpt  Pippa* Lt  Shawn Mjr  Tom* Cpt  Alan* Cpt

Use the tables from the book as written
Grahame

Alan P

Graham - apologies for late notice - I cant make 21st Oct - work is getting in the way! - Alan

tony

Pippa Peile

Think I forgot to tell you that we will be there later!

Tom G

Grahame

Second Siege of Newark - The parliamentary victory at Marston Moor allowed Eastern Association troops to be brought south to attempt again to remove the threat posed by Newark. The arrival of General Poyntz to take charge of the siege has proved to be a turning point. A royalist attempt to capture the general while asleep in his HQ was thwarted by his guards. A diversionary attack by Parliament on the mills on the Trent was repulsed with heavy losses but the need to withdraw troops from the outer defences of Newark for these events has allowed Parliament to storm the Royalist lines both north and south of the town. The royalists were able to make an orderly retreat into the walls of Newark itself but now it is only a matter of time.....

After Newark Officer status is as follows:

Royalist:    Mike Cpt  Carl Mjr  Ash Cpt  Pippa Lt  Shawn  Mjr  Tom Mjr  Alan Cpt

Parliament:  Grahame Mjr Andy Miller Cpt  Colin Ens  Gary Ens  Tony Mjr  Andy Mellor Cpt  Other Officer Ens

Grahame

October 22, 2019, 10:49:01 am #157 Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:19:39 pm by Grahame
The final game will be a big fight with everything left getting on the table. I will be producing some 'rules of engagement' for this battle. I will PM each of you to let you know what forces I think you still have based on the results sheets handed in. At the moment the Royalists have a total of 674 honour and Parliament 645. With York lost and Newark about to fall things are not going well for the King in the north and east but the campaigning season has gone well in the south and west with Rupert capturing Bristol and Waller in retreat. The war still hangs in the balance.... the final fight will be on Nov 18th and loosely based on the second battle of Newbury 1644 if you want to do some pre-battle homework!

According to my records the Royalists will be fielding 492 figures against 516 for Parliament so that will be over a thousand toys on the table!

Alan P

Sounds good - I plan to be there! Thanks Alan

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Tom G

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Grahame

October 31, 2019, 03:23:54 pm #162 Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:30:04 pm by Grahame
PL  Rules of Engagement 1644.docx

Attached are the 'rules of engagement' for the final game - this covers the role of generals, movement trays and adjustments allowed to your lists etc. Please read carefully. The details of the scenario and so on will be found out on the day. Please let me know asap if you will/will not be there. Thanks to those who have already done so.
Grahame
PS I have quite a few movement trays but it is quicker setting up if you bring your troops already formed up on your own.

Andy Mellor

colinabrett