• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 20, 2019, 01:44:15 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

Tom G

colinabrett

Gary Martin

June 05, 2019, 09:18:57 am #80 Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:23:03 am by Gary Martin Reason: Additional info
Grahame
I'm afraid I can't make the 17th as hiking Hadrians Wall for the week. Around the following week's so can play my game on whichever is not the next BA Campaign day
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Andy Miller

I'm on holiday on 17th too, apologies.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Mike Whitaker

I'll be there. May be half asleep but will be there.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Shawn Comer

Alan P

Grahame - I can be there for 17th - thanks Alan

Pippa Peile

Ash and I will both be there on the 17th

colinabrett

Hi Grahame,

Do you have an estimate of table numbers and sizes for the 17th? I can also start setting up the scenery (unless that would spoil the scenario).

Regards,
Colin

Grahame

Hi Colin - thanks for the offer - we will need a single 4x4 and three 6x4 tables please - all down the far end of upstairs please. Just put cloths on the tables - the scenery will be placed by the players.
Grahame

Grahame

June 11, 2019, 09:42:42 am #88 Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:14:31 am by Grahame
June 1644 - the initial clashes at the start of the campaign season in May has seen rapid promotion for some and the death of one eager young ensign. At the start of the game on 17th there will be a round of dicing for promotions :
King         Carl> Lt   Ash> Cpt   Pippa> Cpt  Tom> Cpt  Alan> Cpt
Parliament   Grahame> Cpt  Andy Miller> Cpt  Gary> Cpt  Tony> Lt   Andy Mellor>Cpt

Mike & Andy Mellor will be playing their first round fight - reminder that you only bring 24 pts plus reserve to this game.
The rest of you will have a choice of which troops you will field once you know which game/table you are playing.
Grahame

Grahame

June 1644 - Parliament's attempts to bring in supplies to their army have been frustrated by Royalist raiding parties - barrels of ale and roast mutton now await the King's men. The gunpowder and shot needed for Parliament's next siege  did get away down river.....

Promotions
King   Carl> Cpt   Ash> Mjr    Tom> Mjr

Parliament  Grahame> Mjr   Tony> Cpt

There will be no game in in July so the next game will be the siege in August.