• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

December 15, 2019, 05:39:05 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahame

Hi Colin - thanks for the offer - we will need 5 tables - if we can have them all down the far end of upstairs that would be great. I will need 4 tables with 2 boards on them and 1 with 3 boards on please. I'll try to get there early as well.
Thanks
Grahame

tony

Andy Mellor

My apologies Graeme, but I won't be able to make the 20th.

Grahame

Do we have a Royalist who could play Andy Mellor  on another day rather than on the 20th?
Grahame

colinabrett

Quote from: Grahame on May 13, 2019, 09:09:31 am
Hi Colin - thanks for the offer - we will need 5 tables - if we can have them all down the far end of upstairs that would be great. I will need 4 tables with 2 boards on them and 1 with 3 boards on please. I'll try to get there early as well.
Thanks
Grahame

Hi Grahame,

I'll be there around 6:30 and (providing I can get in  :-\) I'll start setting up straight away.

Regards,
Colin

Grahame

May 16, 2019, 08:24:10 am #65 Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:19:08 am by Grahame
May 1644 - Parliament is seeking to test the resolve of the King's forces in Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. Both sides have sent scouting and raiding forces into enemy territory............ In this first game of the new campaign Parliament will be the attackers and Royalists the defenders - units will be starting off table.
In this first game you will need to decide your 24 points force in advance and just bring those plus your reserve. Please bring an officer figure to represent you. There will be no special orders in this game. We will sort out officer traits before deciding which table you are on etc.
Grahame
PS If you are thinking of bringing a field gun you will need a limber to drag it onto the field! - I can lend if necessary -just let me know.

Andy Mellor

I will be able to make 10th June along with Shawn and Andy?

Grahame

May 17, 2019, 10:05:09 am #67 Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:16:54 am by Grahame
Thanks to Mike for volunteering to play on the 10th June - it will be a doubles game - Andy & Andy vs Mike & Shawn.

Colin - I now need three 4x4 tables and an 8x4 for Monday - thanks.
Grahame

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Grahame on May 17, 2019, 10:05:09 am
Thanks to Mike for volunteering to play on the 10th June

I get to play Free Fire! Yay!
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

colinabrett

Quote from: Grahame on May 17, 2019, 10:05:09 am
Colin - I now need three 4x4 tables and an 8x4 for Monday - thanks.
Grahame

Will do,
Colin

Andy Mellor

My utmost apologies Graeme, can no longer make 10th June, so will not be able to play first game. My ensign will just have to be a late starter. Sorry Graeme and Mike

Grahame

Andy - could you arrange your fight with Mike on another date - preferably before [but if it has to be then after] 17th June. I will just leave your result blank until you have had the fight.
Thanks
Grahame

Gary Martin

A quick clarification... Just reading through rules for tonight. From last campaign I thought Trotters had to use caracole to attack, however the rules say, ' some units may also; Skirmish, Caracole' p29.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Grahame

Trotters 'may' caracole on a 7+ but an Attack activation is on a 6+ so caracole is an option - you are able to just attack on a 6+.
Grahame

Grahame

Please confirm if you will be there on the 17th. I will publish the promotions list etc next week. The theme for the next lot of scenarios will be 'plunder'.
Grahame