• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

December 16, 2019, 07:44:32 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by tony, January 12, 2019, 03:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tony

Shawn Comer

Andy Mellor

Tom G

Grahame

Bridlington - The Queen  made it safely to York although it was a close run thing. The convoy of wagons slipped past the forces of Parliament but the loss of the Royalists last safe harbour on the east coast is a strategic blow and there will be no more supplies from Holland....
Many thanks to everyone for last night - the next ehgagement will be based on the second & third sieges of Newark. I will post the siege rules in the coming weeks although they will be much the same as last time so if you want an idea of what they may be like have a look at the PL 1643 thread.
Grahame

Grahame

For the siege game...
I will allow horse to dismount as storming parties and fight on foot as aggressive forlorn hope @ 6 points but you must have appropriate figures to represent them eg officer types on foot in bucket top boots wielding sword & pistol or halberd/partizan would be suitable.
If you want to use dismounted horse as agg. forlorn hope it is a straight swap - a 6pt horse unit for a 6pt foot unit . I don't see 3pt raw horse volunteering to storm defences! Dragoons will be able to occupy defences if dismounted ie they move as shot but otherwise the factors remain the same. I am also going to allow players to merge two 2pt cmd. shot into one 4pt shot unit if you have them and wish to. All these changes are for this game only. - it is a straight 6pt for 6pt swap so no dismounted option for 4 point horse. I want to keep the swaps limited to just those examples given above to allow for some adjustment to lists to take account of this game without having wholesale rewriting of company lists.
If your army includes a gun or guns you must use them as part of your company in this game.
The siege games will be multiplayer and so special orders are not allowed in this game but your officer characteristics still apply.
You may use whatever combination you feel best suits this game up to normal 24 points limit from your existing list . I would bring everything and wait till you see the tables and know what game you are in before making final decisions - it will be similar to the previous siege game.
You will know the scenarios, special rules and how to gain honour on the day.
Grahame

Andy Mellor

I'll be keeping my aggressive forlorn hope in the box then. Any parliamentarians with elite trotters need to borrow some?

Grahame

Andy - there is nothing stopping anyone fielding Forlorn Hope in their list as an Aggressive Forlorn Hope storming party as this does not change the units points value. I only ask that appropriate figures are used eg armed with halberds rather than muskets. So they can come out of the box....
Grahame

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Grahame on September 27, 2019, 09:27:12 amAndy - there is nothing stopping anyone fielding Forlorn Hope in their list as an Aggressive Forlorn Hope storming party as this does not change the units points value. I only ask that appropriate figures are used eg armed with halberds rather than muskets. So they can come out of the box....
Grahame

Thanks Graeme, but back in the box as my forlorn hope is veteran so are 8pts. Raw Trotters might just be learning to ride, so raw, but get very aggressive if you take thier horses away?

Grahame

You may use your veteran forlorn hope as aggressive but they get no benefit for being veteran as this is a shooting upgrade and they will still cost 8 pts so will be a big chunk of your available points in the game...... so they can come out of the box if you wish.
Grahame

Mike Whitaker

I may be a hair late on the 21st - don't get back home from Brussels till late afternoon - but should be there.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Shawn Comer

I will be out of the country for the 21st.

colinabrett

Hi Grahame,

I'll be there on the 21st. Further to our chat last night, I'll be there around 6:45.

The game will need four 6x4 tables, so 12 boards plus 4 green mats. Do you have any scenery requirements?

Regards,
Colin

Carl Fisher

October 16, 2019, 08:52:15 am #149 Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:54:15 am by Carl Fisher
I will be there on MINDSY 22ST OCTOBER 2019 , sorry I meant Monday 21st!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!