Peterborough Wargames Club
March 26, 2019, 06:53:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bolt Action escalation league  (Read 475 times)
martink0646

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2019, 04:21:23 pm »

Hi Tom,

Ultimately, the hive mind will decide but when I asked people "to make a case" I was expecting reasons why. I could argue that your Romanians will be stronger than my Bataan US as I am fielding mostly inex troops.

Give the hive good reasons & if you're argument/logic is strong enough then we can revisit. I'm can't think of a good reason off the top of my head but I am open minded Huh??

MartinK

Bolt Action: US & German
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2019, 07:19:38 pm »

I'm sure every army with a free unit could make a try for the "it's kind of the point of my army" argument.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
Tom G

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 07:53:43 pm »

I'm sure every army with a free unit could make a try for the "it's kind of the point of my army" argument.

Yes but mine is slightly more nuanced. I meant I could therefore field more than one piece of artillery due to the 0-1 restriction as that is what is intended as the army historically used numerous pieces of artillery close to the front lines.

I like to try and theme the army as close as possible.

As Martin said 100pts free unit at 1000pts is balanced so I thought 50pts at 500pts would also therefore be balanced.

Obviously I don't mind if people are not happy with me bringing a free 50pt artillery at 500 pts.
Phil Freer

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2019, 01:36:09 pm »

Hi. Any chance of fitting in another Russian player. If so I am up for it.
Grahame

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2019, 02:53:47 pm »

The French qualify for free artillery too - sorry but no free stuff at 500pts is fair for all. It is only one game for us all to survive without freebies and then you can have as much as the lists will allow.
Grahame
Dale Robinson

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2019, 02:02:47 am »

Martin or Rob were probably expecting this question. I apologise immediately. I'm considering joining in, as it's been years since I actually played BA and it'd be nice to get back into it.

Am I allowed to take T.F.B. The Bronekater? If so, are we ensuring I end up on the table with a river, or should I bring a secondary list with a T34-85 instead?

Just thought it'd be polite/prudent to ask this before making lists Smiley

Warhammer 40K: Necrons. Warhammer Fantasy: Tomb Kings. Judge Dredd: Zombie Horde. Dreadball: Teratons. Battlefleet Gothic: Necrons.

Dabbling in alsorts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: