• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 21, 2019, 11:37:37 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Mordhiem campaign

Started by Daniel Phillips, January 08, 2019, 08:24:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Davies

Dan, I'm thinking of going for Undead rather than Golins- less likely to squabble!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

Chris Davies

When will this start? Do I have to speed up my new chisce  - die Todt riden schnell!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

Rob Farley

Just to repeat Chris' question, when is this starting? How soon do I have to make my mind up?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Chris Davies

And the Undead are now stirring with a rattle of bones...

Daniel Phillips

Sorry for the slow answer. We're playing 2nd Monday of the month so are starting April 8th.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Chris Davies

Dan, will we use the optional rules for vampires as given in in the Aristocracy of the Night aricle from Town Cryer (see the Broheim website)?

Rob Farley

Chris, do you mean the "Lords of the Night" article from Town Cryer #11 or the "Aristocracy of the Night" article that was never published? Because the second one says that the rules "allow for some potentially overpowered hero builds".
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Chris Davies

The unpublished one! But I'm not especially fixated on it ,  just wondered...

Chris Davies

Dan, any further thoughts about vampires? I don't think after all we should use the suggestions in the article - too complicated!

Daniel Phillips

Going to have to say no to 'The Aristocracy of the Night' rules. Some are ok but others (Blood Dragons in particular) are very overpowered. If you (or anyone else) wants them I'm happy to errata them to something more balanced.

The extra skills in Town Cryer #11 are fine to use.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Chris Davies

Thanks Dan. BTW, I take it these are not gender specific?

Daniel Phillips

Quote from: Chris Davies on March 27, 2019, 12:43:37 pm
Thanks Dan. BTW, I take it these are not gender specific?

Correct. Although Lahmians (known as the sisterhood) are mainly female, male Lahmians are far from unknown. The others are split more evenly.

Grahame

Speaking of sisterhoods - I have discovered I own some Sisters of Sigmar  so I will be using them and not Skaven.
Grahame
PS I also discovered my certificate from the 2006 club Mordheim campaign - seems I came last! Must do better.....

Daniel Phillips

Please can you confirm if you will be there on the 8th.

Chris Davies