• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2019, 10:40:55 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Saga campaign

Started by Andy Mellor, November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

Round three will take place on Monday 3 June 2019.

Match-ups and Scenario will be announced later.

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

Not wishing to pre-empt the draw for the next round, but it's looking grim up north between the Andies !
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Shawn Comer

Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 07, 2019, 04:20:28 pm
so I have reviewed the results from last night and the overall positions are as follows:

1 - Andy Mellor
2 - Andy Miller
3 - Rob Farley
4 - Shawn
5 - Grahame
6 - Carl
7 - Tom
8 - Andy Beer
9 - Collin

This is based on my "patent" threeway scoring system (patent pending!)

As far as Experience these are the available totals I have at the end of last night:

Andy Beer - 4
Andy Mellor - 7
Andy Miller - 5
Carl - 5
Collin - 6
Grahame - 7
Rob - 6
Shawn - 3
Tom - 6

Carl,

I think mine and Tom's experience should be transposed.

Shawn

Carl Fisher

Sorry Shawn! I am not doing very well getting your experience right!

Has been corrected.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

Did we have 4 winners on Monday? All fielding 7pt warbands next month? Certainly cuts down on matchmaking choices.
Battle of the Andy's and Norman's seems likely!!!!

Andy Miller

Andy,
I'm sure Carl only had the bonus for the first round. So no extra points and/or relics etc.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

Perhaps you should take Andrew Beer from the lists etc - he certainly will not be taking any further part in the Saga Campaign.
Grahame

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andy Miller on May 08, 2019, 09:58:27 am
Andy,
I'm sure Carl only had the bonus for the first round. So no extra points and/or relics etc.
Andy

The bonuses are continuing to round three, so all winners from Monday can field an extra point as previously described.

Carl Fisher

So the match ups for game 3 - on Monday 03/06/2019

Andy Mellor vs Andy Miller
Carl vs Shawn

Grahame vs Rob - looks like a feud has broken out between the Normans
Collin vs Tom

The scenario will be The Crossing from the book of Battles.

I will include full details later.

The river for our purposes will class as Dangerous Terrain, as it is fast flowing due to the spring rains.

As previously the winners from the last round will be able to deploy a 7 point Warband.
There were no Draws so there will be no Relics/Artefacts.

Please note - following last month's challenges I have decided to make some small changes to the rules on Challenges.

You may not Challenge your designated opponent for this game.

Challenges are evaluated in reverse sequence of position, so starting with Collin, to allow for this please PM me any challenges directly.

I will decide if they are valid based on this sequence and then publish them here on Tuesday 28th.

Please let me know if you do not wish to make a challenge, to ensure I do not miss anyone.

All challenges will need to be with me by the Monday before the game (27th), to give time for responses.

You may still declare only one challenge per round.

Rob Farley

So, who were the winners last round? Who's got access to a 7 point warband?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on May 17, 2019, 05:56:13 pm
So, who were the winners last round? Who's got access to a 7 point warband?

Andy Mellor
Andy Miller
Carl
Shawn

Andy Miller

Is Andy Mellor on an 8 point warband as he won both his first two games?

Rob Farley

From the campaign rules
QuoteThis upgrade only applies for one game.

You're only as good as your last battle.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andy Miller

Meaning you can use it once or it last for one game?

Andy Mellor

You get to use it once, for the next game, then have to earn it again. I'll have a warband of 7pts