June 18, 2019, 04:02:34 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Saga campaign

Started by Andy Mellor, November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

April 02, 2019, 10:33:16 am #45 Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 06:28:52 pm by Carl Fisher
Thanks to everyone who took part last night.

I have taken a quick look at the results forms, corrected one, as a result you all have experience to spend:

Rob - 5
Andy Mellor - 5
Grahame - 4
Andy B - 4
Andy Miller - 3
Tom - 3
Collin - 3
Shawn - 3

So you can all choose a level 1 trait for the next game.

We had two winners - Andy Mellor and Rob, who will both have 7 PT warbands next time

Collin and Shawn lost so can choose a Relic/Artifact for next time.

The rest were draws, better luck(?) next time.

Rob now has conquered Cornwall for Normans and Andy Mellor has expanded the Strathclyde kingdom into Fife.

Full placings and results to follow.

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Carl Fisher

So results after round one.

1 - Rob
2 - Andy Mellor
3= Grahame
3= Andy B
5= Andy Miller
5= Tom
7 - Shawn
8 - Collin

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on April 02, 2019, 10:33:16 am

Is this right? It's the opposite way round in the campaign rules.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on April 02, 2019, 04:27:25 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on April 02, 2019, 10:33:16 am

Is this right? It's the opposite way round in the campaign rules.

You are correct, my bad.

So should have read:

Grahame, Andy Miller, Andy B, Tom were draws so can choose a Relic/Artifact for the next round.

Colin and Shawn lost, so better luck next time.

Not sure what I was thinking!

Rob Farley

And to clarify, the extra point that Andy and I have available needs to be spent on swords for hire or a legendary warlord?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on April 02, 2019, 04:42:54 pm
And to clarify, the extra point that Andy and I have available needs to be spent on swords for hire or a legendary warlord?

Correct!

Obviously a legendary warlord would replace your normal warlord.

Andy Miller

I'd like a piece of the true cross please! The badger can look after it.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

I shall now be riding Champion the Wonder Horse - not sure how that translates into Norman French....
Grahame

Rob Farley

Quote from: Grahame on April 04, 2019, 03:29:18 pm
I shall now be riding Champion the Wonder Horse - not sure how that translates into Norman French....
Grahame

Champion le cheval merveille

Andy Miller

I never really excelled at french, but isn't that a hairy mushroom? Champignon cheveux
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Andrew Beer

Hi, Unfortunately due to medical grounds I will have to exit this campaign, sorry Carl.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andrew Beer on April 15, 2019, 09:08:20 pm
Hi, Unfortunately due to medical grounds I will have to exit this campaign, sorry Carl.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope all goes well with you health.

If your situation improves do let me know, and you can jump back in at anytime.

Andrew Beer

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Andrew Beer on April 16, 2019, 05:54:14 pm
Thank u :-)

Anything we can do, please do let us know.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Carl Fisher

So you are all moving around a bit, facing new enemies, and looking for loot, be it Pigs or Silver.

The match-ups for the next game on 06/05/2019 are:

Rob vs Andy Mellor
Grahame vs Me (playing in place of Andy B)
Andy Miller vs Tom
Shawn vs Collin

The scenario rules are attached - any mistakes, questions just ask!