June 17, 2019, 05:45:14 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Saga campaign

Started by Andy Mellor, November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

For clarification, regarding moving Objective Markers, the uneven terrain rule ONLY applies to the unit that is moving, and as it moves.

As far as all other Saga Rules and Abilities are concerned the unit counts as on normal ground.

The obvious example is the Irish Sons of Dana does not apply, because there is no actual uneven terrain for you to hide in!

If in doubt check with me, if there are any rules you are not sure if they apply.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

May 01, 2019, 10:47:18 am #61 Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:50:08 am by Andy Mellor
Hi Carl
Could you clarify some of the challenge rules for me?
1) if challenge accepted you play "clash of warlords"?
2) can you challenge the person you are listed to play, thus changing the scenario?
3) what are the advantages/disadvantages of armies with 7pt warbands or having relics, challenging armies with relics or having no advantages?
4) if challenge refused, what happens, can you challenge someone else?
5) what is the sequence of challenging?

I'm asking as this scenario is not the best for mounted armies (into the garage to find dismounted figures!!) And I've got the most powerful warband in the north, why go and fight the most powerful warband in the south? Easier pickings closer to home? (Scouts in Northumbria and Ireland!!!)
Cheers

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andy Mellor on May 01, 2019, 10:47:18 am
Hi Carl
Could you clarify some of the challenge rules for me?
1) if challenge accepted you play "clash of warlords"? Yes.
2) can you challenge the person you are listed to play, thus changing the scenario? Yes
3) what are the advantages/disadvantages of armies with 7pt warbands or having relics, challenging armies with relics or having no advantages? Relics already have a rule, they reduce Victory points by 4 (however Victory points are scored, so for Clash of Warlords it reduces Massacre Points). I did not consider what happened with 7pts Vs 6pts, as this should only apply to a challenge, however using a similar rule to the Relic, so reduce your Massacre points by 7pts. We can discuss that on the night if the result is really unbalanced, as this has not been play tested!
4) if challenge refused, what happens, can you challenge someone else? No you cannot make another challenge, this round.

5) what is the sequence of challenging? Once the scenario has been announced anyone can challenge via this forum.

I'm asking as this scenario is not the best for mounted armies (into the garage to find dismounted figures!!) And I've got the most powerful warband in the north, why go and fight the most powerful warband in the south? Easier pickings closer to home? (Scouts in Northumbria and Ireland!!!)
Cheers

See answers above.

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

Thanks Carl

So no challenges on the night?

Carl Fisher

You can challenge on the night, as long as no games have started. As it can affect up to four players.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 01, 2019, 01:02:20 pm
You can challenge on the night, as long as no games have started. As it can affect up to four players.

One final clarification, you can never challenge a player you have already played in the campaign.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 01, 2019, 01:38:22 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 01, 2019, 01:02:20 pm

One final clarification, you can never challenge a player you have already played in the campaign.

That's not quite what it says in the campaign pack.
QuoteYou may pick ANY Warlord to challenge, with the exception you may never Challenge a Warlord more than once in the campaign, nor may you Challenge a Warlord who has Challenged you.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Rob Farley

Anyway, as Andy's apparently looking elsewhere for an opponent I'm going to jump in and challenge Tom. Since I've already played my other obvious opponent, and I fancy staking a claim on Ireland. :D
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andy Miller

May 01, 2019, 08:02:25 pm #68 Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 08:04:41 pm by Andy Miller
So is challenging, "First come, first served"?
As I was playing Tom and presumably a later challenge wouldn't count. Can I challenge Colin in round 2, Tom in Round 3 (and as AndyB has dropped out due to his Op), Grahame in Round 4 or would that be making things get a little silly?
Get your challenges in quick !!!
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Rob Farley

May 01, 2019, 08:07:47 pm #69 Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 08:11:19 pm by Rob Farley
Well, I also thought I was lining things up nicely for a Battle of the Andys. ;D

On a more serious note, with Andy talking about challenging you or Tom I'd have been left with the other half of the match-up anyway. So I thought I'd go for the one that makes more sense geographically (Cornwall to Northumbria would be a stretch).

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andy Miller on May 01, 2019, 08:02:25 pm
So is challenging, "First come, first served"?
As I was playing Tom and presumably a later challenge wouldn't count. Can I challenge Colin in round 2, Tom in Round 3 (and as AndyB has dropped out due to his Op), Grahame in Round 4 or would that be making things get a little silly?
Get your challenges in quick !!!
Andy

Once the scenario has been announced - see above, so you can't challenge yet for rounds 3 onward!

Also note - challenges are not finalised until the player who has been challenged accepts!

So we are now waiting on Tom and Colin to respond.

Any other challenges?

Note as Rob and Andy have declared a challenge it is not possible to challenge them!

Andy Mellor

If those challenges are excepted then that means me and Shawn are playing each other again?

Carl Fisher

Yes unfortunately that will happen, if no further challenges come in.

Note you will have to play the campaign scenario against Shawn, as you have already played him and so cannot challenge him.

Andy Miller

Or perhaps scrap challenges and rely on the Campaign organiser to pit suitable opponents against one another?
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andy Miller on May 02, 2019, 09:49:58 am
Or perhaps scrap challenges and rely on the Campaign organiser to pit suitable opponents against one another?
Andy

There is no penalty for withdrawing a challenge, except loss of face!