• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 19, 2019, 06:53:46 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Saga campaign

Started by Andy Mellor, November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colinabrett

Quote from: Andy Miller on September 05, 2019, 02:15:28 pmColin, Shawn,
I'm around on 16th, 23rd or 30th for those catch ups. Let me know if you can do one of them.
Andy

Hi Andy,

I'll be available on all of those nights, unless there's a clash with the Pikeman's Lament campaign.

Colin

Carl Fisher

Quote from: colinabrett on September 06, 2019, 09:45:43 amHi Carl,

I'll be at the club around 6:45 to open up and begin set-up. I think we need four tables, but can you confirm this in case I've missed a previous post?

Colin

Colin,

We just need three tables (4x4 as usual).
Many thanks.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

Quick rules query; for the 'I will crush you' challenge, how do you handle things if they have multiple units with the same value?

This is especially important when you realise that the default unit sizes (1 hero, 4 hearthguard, 8 warriors or 12 levy) are all worth 5 points. So it's quite possible that EVERY unit in the enemy army will be worth the same.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Shawn Comer

Quote from: Andy Miller on September 05, 2019, 02:15:28 pmColin, Shawn,
I'm around on 16th, 23rd or 30th for those catch ups. Let me know if you can do one of them.
Andy

Either the 23rd or 30th should be fine for me.

Andy Mellor

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 08, 2019, 10:50:38 pmQuick rules query; for the 'I will crush you' challenge, how do you handle things if they have multiple units with the same value?

This is especially important when you realise that the default unit sizes (1 hero, 4 hearthguard, 8 warriors or 12 levy) are all worth 5 points. So it's quite possible that EVERY unit in the enemy army will be worth the same.

As it's Saga I'd say the stories to tell after the battle would be better if the most impressive unit was crushed (warlord, hearthguard, then warriors and finally levy), "we slaughtered his personal guard" or " We chopped down some peasants". If it's still a tie then write down which unit displeases you the most (easiest to kill) after deployment.

Can't find any rules to give a hierarchy, so will need Carl's decision?

However, remember you can increase the chance of a win by stopping the other side from completing their challenges (4 strong hearthguard unit will just be an easy target)

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 08, 2019, 10:50:38 pmQuick rules query; for the 'I will crush you' challenge, how do you handle things if they have multiple units with the same value?

The massacre points are calculated once the units have been deployed, remember although warbands are recruited as points (4 hearthguard, 8 warriors, 12 levy) they can be deployed as any size within the limits. 

But if there are multiple units of the same value after deployment, then you must declare the target of your challenge, the should be done before the first turn starts.

Since challenges are declared before deployment, it is only after deployment that you can identify the target unit.

Also remember, your opponent can combine units as they are deployed, so as a reaction to any challenges. With a view to achieving their challenges and preventing yours!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 05, 2019, 09:11:49 amGame 5 - will use the scenario A Tale of Challenges from the Book of Battles.

For those who do not have the book see attached.

When scoring at the end of the game I will also need to know Massacre points - so when scoring, decide W/D/L based on the scenario (so on Challenge points) but record the Points as Massacre Points!

Please record the challenges on the back of the score sheet, as they are declared, and mark when they are achieved.

Andy Miller

Colin/ Shawn,
16th is the third Monday, so Pikeman's Lament. So if you guys are happy Colin 23rd, Shawn 30th :)
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Miller on September 09, 2019, 01:19:54 pmColin/ Shawn,
16th is the third Monday, so Pikeman's Lament. So if you guys are happy Colin 23rd, Shawn 30th :)
Andy
We're offset by a week because of the redecorating, so Mordheim is on the 16th and Pikeman's Lament is the 23rd.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andy Miller

Still offset, I think that's whats messed me up. So, Colin are you alright for the 16th?
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

colinabrett

Quote from: Andy Miller on September 10, 2019, 09:25:36 amStill offset, I think that's whats messed me up. So, Colin are you alright for the 16th?
Andy

My plans have changed, Andy. I can't make the 16th. Sorry.
Colin

Carl Fisher

OK Results so far from Game 5

1 Andy Mellor
2 Rob Farley
3 Shawn Comer
4 Grahame Middleton
5 Carl Fisher
6 Tom G
7 Andy Miller
8 Colin Brett

Total Experience:

Andy Mellor             26
Andy Miller              12
Carl Fisher               17
Collin Brett              12
Grahame Middleton  20
Rob Farley               23
Shawn Commer       18
Tom G                     14

Officially there are still two games outstanding from Game 4 and 5:

Game 4 - Andy Miller vs Collin
Game 5 - Andy Miller vs Shawn

Carl Fisher

Game 6 - Monday 07/10/2019

This round will be played on 2 x 6ftx4ft tables.

The Scenario is Brothers in Arms.
The only variation is that for points can each player keep a running total of the Massacre point they score. For the points scored for totally destroyed units please calculate the total then split it equally.

Matchups:

Rob+Grahame vs Andy Miller+Collin
Carl+Shawn vs Andy Mellor+Tom

To decide the final divisions of the Kingdoms

Grahame

October 01, 2019, 05:52:04 pm #163 Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 05:54:54 pm by Grahame
How many points after we using? Also - Andy Miller won't be there.
Grahame

colinabrett

Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 30, 2019, 05:22:23 pmGame 6 - Monday 07/10/2019

This round will be played on 2 x 6ftx4ft tables.

Just to avoid confusion, we'll need 6 boards (3 per table) and two deep cut mats. Is that right? (I mucked up with Martin Knowles' BA boards, so I thought I should check.)

Colin