• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

July 23, 2019, 07:22:58 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Saga campaign

Started by Andy Mellor, November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Farley

Just out of interest, are Jomsvikings permitted for this or would they be considered too remote?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on January 13, 2019, 08:23:11 pm
Just out of interest, are Jomsvikings permitted for this or would they be considered too remote?

Have boat will travel. So yes, I just assume s bunch of hardened Vikings who have come to see what they can pillage.

Really only The Last Romans, and Pagan Rus that don't have a part to play.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

Cool. I may have to reconsider my plans, I like the idea of an army that blackmails the enemy into giving them bonuses.  ;D
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Grahame

I'm in and will be using Normans. Bretons are also included in this list so would I be allowed to field a Breton force in some games?
Grahame

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Grahame on January 14, 2019, 03:33:06 pm
I'm in and will be using Normans. Bretons are also included in this list so would I be allowed to field a Breton force in some games?
Grahame

In this case you must choose to be Norman or Breton, for the campaign.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

colinabrett

I'm thinking of using Anglo-Danes, so I can mix and match the figures I have. Is this legit for the time period?

Colin

Carl Fisher

Quote from: colinabrett on January 15, 2019, 05:23:54 pm
I'm thinking of using Anglo-Danes, so I can mix and match the figures I have. Is this legit for the time period?

Colin

Yes these will be allowed!

Carl Fisher

First round will be April 1st! Apt!

What will need is names and warbands by Friday March 22nd.

There will be six games, scenarios will be published two weeks before.

Warband details will need to include a named Warlord (if you forget this I will provide Faction linked humorous names), Faction, and 8 points of units.

Games will be played with 6pts.

So for example

Player: Fred Smith
Warlord: Ulfric Squint-Eye
Faction: Viking
Points: 3pts Hearthguard, 1pt Berserkers, 2pts Warriors, 2pts Levy.

More details to follow!

Andy Miller

Player: Andy Miller
Warlord: Redwald the unsteady (no one mention his drink problem or he gets very tetchy)
Faction: Anglo Danes
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Shawn Comer

Player: Shawn Comer
Warlord: Odd Skjaldulfsson
Faction: Viking
Points: 3pts Hearthguard, 1pt Berserkers, 3pts Warriors, 1pts Levy

Grahame

Player: Grahame Middleton
Warlord: William de Warrene
Faction: Normans

Andy Mellor

Player:  Andy Mellor
Warlord:  Arthgal Cu Cymerwr
Faction:  Strathclyde Welsh

colinabrett

Player: Colin Brett
Warlord: Bronson (son of the dark man)
Faction: Anglo-Saxon

Carl Fisher

March 11, 2019, 12:55:48 pm #28 Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:41:27 pm by Carl Fisher
Attached is a first draft of the Campaign Rules, please take a look, and let me know if there are any obvious problems, or anything you think can be improved.

Version 2.

I have added the rules for Experience (26/03)

Grahame

William de Warenne was given about 20 manors in Norfolk by Duke William so can I be based in East Anglia on the map please.
Grahame