• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

December 06, 2019, 08:06:51 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Saga campaign

Started by Andy Mellor, November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fisher

The extra point only applies for the next game, so if you win game 2, the extra point is available only for game 3.

If you win game 3, then the extra point is available for game 4, and so on.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Shawn Comer

Carl,

I will be out of town for work on 3 June, and have a makeup game for Pikeman's Lament on 10 June. Could we play ours on 17 June?

Carl Fisher

I assume 17th is Pikemans Lament (3rd Monday), but I am free on both 17th and 24th if it is not.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Grahame

17th is indeed PL
Grahame

Shawn Comer

Ah, well in that case, I will also be gone for work on the 24th. We'll have to figure something out.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Shawn Comer on May 24, 2019, 04:55:15 pmAh, well in that case, I will also be gone for work on the 24th. We'll have to figure something out.
Are you available this Monday?

Shawn Comer

Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 24, 2019, 06:08:54 pm
Quote from: Shawn Comer on May 24, 2019, 04:55:15 pmAh, well in that case, I will also be gone for work on the 24th. We'll have to figure something out.

Unfortunately I am not. The next date after the 17th I'll be available would be July 1st, which I believe would be the next Saga date. I suppose if there are no other options before the July battle I'll have to take a forfeit. I apologize for all the trouble, but I've just had a whole bunch of work-related travel piled on in a short period of time this next month.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Shawn Comer on May 24, 2019, 07:25:39 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 24, 2019, 06:08:54 pm

Unfortunately I am not. The next date after the 17th I'll be available would be July 1st, which I believe would be the next Saga date. I suppose if there are no other options before the July battle I'll have to take a forfeit. I apologize for all the trouble, but I've just had a whole bunch of work-related travel piled on in a short period of time this next month.
OK, looks like we both have to miss this month.

I am sure we can sort something later.

Andy Mellor

Jomsvikings can always crash someone else's battle! We could try the Battle Royale?

Carl Fisher

May 26, 2019, 04:27:41 pm #114 Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:23:34 pm by Carl Fisher
See attached for the scenario.

Additional rules:

The river rules vary from the Book of Battles.

The River does not block line of sight.
The river does not give any cover.
The river is between S and M wide.
It is never possible to cross the river in a single action.
The river reduces ALL movement to S, there are no exceptions.
All units gain a single fatigue when they end a move in the river, again with no exceptions.
Unlike normal dangerous terrain, Mounted units do not gain a second fatigue (as horses find crossing rivers less difficult!).

Let me know if there are further questions or queries.

File now added, thanks Mike.

Andy Mellor

I take it mounted still gain 2 fatigue if they charge a unit in the river?

Welsh should be able to use children of the land because they don't have to stop and take their boots off?????

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Andy Mellor on May 28, 2019, 10:12:04 amI take it mounted still gain 2 fatigue if they charge a unit in the river?

Welsh should be able to use children of the land because they don't have to stop and take their boots off?????

All units will gain a fatigue if their move ends in the river, including charging, so the fatigue is applied BEFORE the melee. No additional fatigue is applied after the melee because of the river, just the normal post melee one fatigue each.

Sorry restrictions include children of the land, fording waist high water will slow anyone. It is not the same as knowing your way through woods or scrub.

Also any abilities , that could inflict a shooting attacks, such as Sons of Dana, do not apply, you can't hide a few skirmishers in a river!

Carl Fisher

June 04, 2019, 09:19:56 am #117 Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:51:08 am by Carl Fisher
Following on Mike's announcement, I propose we skip July, so Game 4 will be played on August 5.

Shawn, can we play our Game 3 before then? I am sure we can manage a table in July. If possible July 1.

I will release the known results from last night later today.

As we have a pause, I will hold back announcing details of Game 4 until nearer the time!

Carl Fisher

June 05, 2019, 11:51:25 am #118 Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:55:05 am by Carl Fisher
So the results so far are:

1 - Andy Mellor
2 - Grahame
3 - Tom
4 - Andy Miller
5 - Rob
6 - Shawn
7 - Collin
8 - Carl

Obviously this will change when Carl and Shawn have played their Game 3.

Experience Totals:

Andy Mellor - 15
Andy Miller - 12
Carl - 5
Collin - 8
Grahame - 13
Rob - 13
Shawn - 9
Tom - 6

Note these are Total Experience, can you please let me know of any spent experience, and what Talents you have taken.

Shawn Comer

Quote from: Carl Fisher on June 04, 2019, 09:19:56 amFollowing on Mike's announcement, I propose we skip July, so Game 4 will be played on August 5.

Shawn, can we play our Game 3 before then? I am sure we can manage a table in July. If possible July 1.

I will release the known results from last night later today.

As we have a pause, I will hold back announcing details of Game 4 until nearer the time!

Carl, yes I should be able to do 1 July.