Peterborough Wargames Club
December 10, 2018, 06:09:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaigns - 2019  (Read 127 times)
Carl Fisher
Boring Old Guy

« on: November 13, 2018, 09:21:11 am »

Time to put thinking caps on ahead of the AGM.

After a discussion last night, I would propose a Saga campaign.

More details once I have a copy of the Book of Battles (due end of Nov).

Suggest limiting to Viking age, and located in the British Isles and near continent.

So no Romans or Rus Princes.

Anyone interested?

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
Andy Mellor

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm »

Yes interested, ive got the original but will I need to put saga 2 on Christmas list?
Carl Fisher
Boring Old Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:09:08 pm »

Yes we will be using version 2. Will need core rule book plus Viking Age supplement.

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
Shawn Comer

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:55:50 pm »

As I mentioned in the discussion last night, I would definitely be interested in doing a campaign. I think it might be fun to have some sort of territorial control map or the like and if you win a battle/raid, you could get control of the territory which would add a point to your army or allow you to take a mercenary unit from that territories army list perhaps. We would have to work out details to ensure some balance, etc., but I think that would add some depth and enjoyability vs. just doing a round robin type tournament or something.
Grahame

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 06:40:05 pm »

Count me in - I agree about territory and using a map for this campaign and basing it in Britain.
Grahame
Carl Fisher
Boring Old Guy

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 10:04:43 pm »

I think I have found a suitable map, will try to print it off to share.

colinabrett
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 09:39:00 am »

Hi Carl,

I'd like to join in the Saga campaign please? If I'm a good boy, Santa will bring me Age of Vikings for Xmas.  Grin

Colin
Andy Miller

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 09:24:09 pm »

Please count me in, now I'm over 50 I can join in with SAGA???
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Andrew Beer

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 04:54:17 am »

I'd be up for this, I've ordered the rules.
Is anyone up for playing a practice game?

Andrew
Grahame

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 03:14:03 pm »

hi Andrew - I'll give you a game. What were you thinking of using? I can lend you the appropriate board & dice if needed. If you get in touch via my home email we can sort something out.
Grahame
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: