• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 20, 2019, 01:29:52 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Hammerhead 2019

Started by Grahame, October 16, 2018, 12:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

..or failing that I can probably 3D print it using the Winterfall castle components I have.

Mr. Miller and I will have a discussion about it at some point.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

Hmmm,
It'll need some though and a few chats with those concerned, but I'm happy to do some/ all of the build of the structure. If others are happy with the finer detailing etc that's great. I love a challenge.
I'd love to see the random human effect we had in the cube again, but slicker and easier to work. Trapdoors? Indiana Jones style rolling boulder? My creative juices are already making me moist !!!!!
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Rob Farley

Happy to help if someone can provide a lift.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on January 21, 2019, 10:59:47 pm
Happy to help if someone can provide a lift.

I am sure either Mike or I will be coming past from Werrington.

We can discuss nearer the time.

Andy Miller

I had some leave to use up, so will be available for the show. Car with big boot, lifts etc :)
Already on the scenery, should be able to bring the basics across on 4 Feb.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Mike Whitaker

Adrian_Barnes

I can help and provide a lift if needed

Andy Miller

Dan,
I have a Corgi Kubelwagen of the right scale. Currently in Sandy colour for DAK, but undergoing paint job to grey.
Andy

Grahame

The doors are open to set from 7.00 - we are in the main building over towards the refreshments. Games should be set up by 9.30 and I am aiming to get for 8.00ish - with two tables to set up we will probably need the time. There is a floor plan on the Hammerhead site.
Grahame

Andy Miller

Picking up Mike at 07:30hrs , Carl and Rob in succession afterwards.

I have and am bringing
2x Wermacht squads (multiple spares and extras) combination of MG42, MP40 and rifles, composition to be decided.
2x US infantry squads (multiple spares and extras) combination of BARs, Thompsons and rifles, composition to be decided
1x Kubelwagen
1x SdKfz 251 halftrack for first game
1x Sherman
1x Castle Gate House

What I have and will bring just in case:
1x German mortar squad on a base
1x PAK40 and crew, as stand in for the "88" if we don't get one
1x German "SS" style officer (he has a monocle so must be SS ?)

Anything else we need?

Daniel Phillips

We need a U.S. .30 cal MG. reading through the battle report and it seems that most of the Sherman crew fought dismounted (the .30 cal was the tanks hull mg that was setup in the above the gate house).
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

I will bring the banner (Andy, don't let me forget :D) and some 28mm sandbags if you still need them?