Peterborough Wargames Club
December 10, 2018, 06:52:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bolt Action All Day Game, December 9th  (Read 339 times)
Daniel Phillips
Administrator

No Plan Survives Contact with One's Allies

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 06:21:19 pm »

I've not read City Fighting rules yet but other than that the scenario looks good.

The problem I have is the selector- I've just been looking at The Last Levy force selector and there is no way I can do a legal force as the mandatory infantry units are limited to Volkssturm squads, Hitler Youth squads and Kriegsmarine squads none of which I have the models for. Closest I can get is a generic platoon using only units from The Last Levy.

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 09:19:46 pm »

We'll figure out sonething that works for you. I mean, you've had nearly 3 months to mention issues with the selector but still... Roll Eyes

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
martink0646

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 07:10:03 pm »

Hi Rob,

Messages sent. I'll feedback replies. Love the scenario, it looks great.  Agreed on the Tank Fear.

Bolt Action: US & German
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 12:54:37 pm »

Unfortunately due to domestic circs I can no longer make the game. Been away on a course for 2 weeks and not back till Friday. Apologies.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Chris Davies

Are you sure that's wise, sir?

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 06:09:55 pm »

I can't make it either.

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons; Operation Squad Russian Guards Rifle Squad 750 points;Russian Assault Squad 495 points; Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin gang; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians and 6mm dwarfs.
martink0646

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 05:04:14 pm »

Hi Rob,

I'm still available & can bring forces as discussed if we're still on.  Let me know.

MartinK

Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »

As discussed on Monday night, we're still on for Sunday. We're going to try this with half the number of players we intended and see how it goes.

On that note, this is who I'm expecting to turn up. If there's any changes to this PLEASE let us know ASAP. We've had a couple of people who said they were interested in playing but haven't committed, if that's you then speak up now. Especially if you want to borrow miniatures from someone.

Rob - Russians
Dan - Germans
Alan - Germans
Martin - Americans
Grahame - British

We'll be using the club's and my Berlin/Stalingrad scenery, if anyone has any that they think would be suitable pleade bring it along. The more scenery we have for this, the better.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
martink0646

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 07:10:29 pm »

Hi Rob,

Great. Do you want us to cut down the points for the allies or is it still 2,000?

MartinK

Shawn Comer

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 07:30:39 pm »

What time are we starting for Dux Brit?
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 07:34:45 pm »

Same points value Martin, we've halved the number of players on both sides so it should work out.

Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »

What time are we starting for Dux Brit?
I’m opening up at nine, don’t expect to have the table set up much before 10

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Grahame

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 03:30:20 pm »

OK - I'll bring Brits rather than Yanks. I'll still be doing a tank platoon.
Grahame
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 10:57:17 pm »

OK - I'll bring Brits rather than Yanks. I'll still be doing a tank platoon.
Grahame

Americans are fine, that's my bad. Bring whichever you prefer.

Grahame

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2018, 11:52:19 am »

Got them sorted out ready now so I'll stick with Brits.
Grahame
Grahame

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2018, 03:09:48 pm »

PS - is someone going to bring milk so we can make coffee? I'll volunteer if necessary.
Grahame
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: