Peterborough Wargames Club
November 18, 2018, 11:03:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bolt Action Escalation League  (Read 93 times)
martink0646

« on: August 26, 2018, 11:29:15 am »

Hi All,

I am posting to see how much interest there is for a BA escalation league.  If you can post indicating your potential interest & also the period you prefer & which army/armies you are thinking using/building.

I wasn't too bothered about setting a particular period as I didn't want to limit peoples opportunity to enter but the general consensus seemed to be that we would need to go down that route.  Personally I would go early war but I don't mind.

I'm thinking of 4 rounds; 500, 750, 1,000 & 1,250 with a Tank War game added on the end if anyone is interested.  The core force you start with has to be in all the lists but you can change the experience level of the units.  In the 1st 500 point game, free units will not be allowed but can be addded for the folllowing rounds.  I am thinking of using new missions set for each round or we could just say "choose your own" as you play the game.

That's my thoughts...fell free to add your own four penn'orth.

MartinK

Bolt Action: US & German
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:37:12 pm »

I'm interested, but I'm not in favour of limiting it to a specific time period. We'd just wind up excluding people if we did that. Besides, any competent early war player can run rings round late war tanks.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
martink0646

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:10:16 pm »

I agree completely but let's let the people speak Huh??

Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:25 am »

I’m in. prefer to have set time frame , early, mid or late war as this provides more realistic matchups. Happy to lend vehicles etc to ensure no one is left out due to lack of stuff. Probably German early or mid war.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
martink0646

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 09:59:18 am »

If we do go a set period, I can also lend US & Brit vehicles. On that note I am planning, at this early stage, to go early war US with Battling Bastards of Bataan lists.

Grahame

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 08:57:27 pm »

Prefer a time frame - don't like the idea of late war Vs early war. Can do something for any period but all would be allies.
Grahame
Daniel Phillips
Administrator

No Plan Survives Contact with One's Allies

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 09:07:35 am »

I'm interested. Don't mind what period. Will be playing Germans.

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.
Andy Mellor

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 10:12:40 am »

I'm interested, just painted a PzIV H so mid war German preferably?
With low point armies, different periods wouldn't matter so much but might be a problem later, could 8 Matilda's beat 3 Tigers in a tank platoon game?
Knowing which scenario before painting the wrong units would be helpful.
Chris Davies

Are you sure that's wise, sir?

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 12:14:04 pm »

Ready comrade...

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons; Operation Squad Russian Guards Rifle Squad 750 points;Russian Assault Squad 495 points; Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin gang; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians and 6mm dwarfs.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 03:23:42 pm »

could 8 Matilda's beat 3 Tigers in a tank platoon game?
In real life, no way. In Bolt Action, absolutely.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
martink0646

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 07:48:17 pm »

I'm interested, just painted a PzIV H so mid war German preferably?
With low point armies, different periods wouldn't matter so much but might be a problem later, could 8 Matilda's beat 3 Tigers in a tank platoon game?
Knowing which scenario before painting the wrong units would be helpful.

Don't worry, no one will get three Tigers in 1,500 pts Huh??. As for the games, each round will be a different scenario so I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't intend to let anyone know the missions in advance to stop the tailoring of lists. My preference will be for objective based missions that will need infantry rather than a reliance on armour & I was thinking of avoiding 'kill shit' missions. I am also thinking of avoiding attacker/defender missions unless we can ensure that people have one of both. But again I'm open to all suggestions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: