Peterborough Wargames Club
August 21, 2018, 10:05:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HEREWARD 2018 STAFFING REQUIREMENTS  (Read 154 times)
Reuben Turner
Club Secretary
Administrator

« on: July 24, 2018, 12:50:05 pm »

On the day of the show we require the help of club members to fulfill a number of roles. Please be at the Cresset for 7am or as soon as possible afterwards. If you have a club polo shirt please wear it - spares may be available if you ask beforehand but beware they may be of generous "wargamer" fit. If you wish to play in any of the tournaments please do so but please make the effort to help with set up until the tournament registration opens.

SET UP
=====
SHOW MANAGER / ROVING TROUBLESHOOTER - MIKE WHITAKER

FLOOR CAPTAINS - One per hall. Will greet exhibitors and deal with any issues arising during set up - CARL / GARY

CAR PARK - Two persons. One to direct exhibitors to correct unloading areas for their allocated hall. One to help park Sovereign Hall exhibitors and direct them to parking spaces once unloaded -

ROAD SIGNS - Two persons. To place metal road signs on verges on approach roads to the Cresset. Ideally requires one person with an estate car to carry the signs and one to set out the signs. Signs will need to be collected from my garage in Woodston on Sunday morning or I can drop them off with relevant person Friday morning - DAN

Everybody else where possible and required to assist in unloading traders especially in to the Sovereign Hall as there is now limited unloading space.

DURING THE SHOW
==============
CLUB GAMES - Ambush of the 9th Legion - GRAHAME, DAN
CLUB GAMES - Dambusters - MIKE
CLUB GAMES - Vietnam - ASH, ANDYMAC

TICKET DESK - Two persons. Will check and sell tickets, handle sales on member's sale stand (this requires some minor admin work) and oversee the change over of exhibitors on the Table Sale - PIPPA, CARL
CAR PARK - One or Two persons. To assist show attendees with parking, particularly to give directions to overflow car park -

AFTER THE SHOW
=============
Please make yourself available to the Floor Captains to assist with load out of exhibitors.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE ROLES PLEASE ADD A POST BELOW INDICATING WHICH ROLE YOU CAN HELP WITH.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:45:39 am by Reuben Turner » Logged

Lots of lovely new and pre-loved minis in my eBay shop:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pe2collectables

Or visit my website www.pe2collectables.co.uk

I can now supply club members (and their friends, and their friend's friends....) with new products from games and ranges such as Army Painter, Conquest Games, Early War Miniatures, Fireforge Games, Guildball, Mantic, Perry Miniatures, Rubicon, Vallejo, Victrix and of course Warlord Games.
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 01:12:17 pm »

If you don't have a polo shirt, NOW is your chance to order one of these fabulous fashion accessories from our club online store at http://stores.clothes2order.com/peterborough-wargames-club/

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Daniel Phillips
Administrator

No Plan Survives Contact with One's Allies

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 02:38:57 pm »

Set up: I'm happy to help put out the road signs again but someone else will need to provide the car as the signs won't fit in mine. Once that's done I'll help the traders unload.

During the show: I'm helping Grahame run the 'Ambush of the 9th Legion' game. Not all day as I'll be taking my kids round the show at some point.

After the show: Collecting road signs and helping traders load up.

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.
Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 03:33:36 pm »

Obviously we will both be there for set up and clear away. In the day, I will be on front desk and Ash is probably helping run a game with Andy Mac
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 05:19:58 pm »

Set up/tear down.
During show. I suspect I'll be helping run Dambusters.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Chris Davies

Are you sure that's wise, sir?

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 05:25:50 pm »

Hopefully I'll be there!

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons; Operation Squad Russian Guards Rifle Squad 750 points;Russian Assault Squad 495 points; Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin gang; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians and 6mm dwarfs.
Carl Fisher
Boring Old Guy
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 07:10:42 pm »

Happy to Floor Captain and Ticket Desk.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:42:35 am by Carl Fisher » Logged

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
Chris Davies

Are you sure that's wise, sir?

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:28 am »

To quote the Bellman, for me ,"That must depend on the weather!" , But assuming the best, I could act as car park signer, and that fine officer, Gen. Dogsbody!

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons; Operation Squad Russian Guards Rifle Squad 750 points;Russian Assault Squad 495 points; Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin gang; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians and 6mm dwarfs.
Grahame

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:00 pm »

Put me down for helping with set up -happy with whatever role but will need time to set up my game before opening.
Grahame
Reuben Turner
Club Secretary
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 09:59:44 am »

Ideally we'd like someone to join Carl as a Floor Captain. It's not a difficult job - we give you a floor plan for a room and you ensure the traders and games end up in the right spots. Would prefer not to have to ask Grahame to do it as he has a game of his own to set up.

Lots of lovely new and pre-loved minis in my eBay shop:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pe2collectables

I can now supply club members (and their friends, and their friend's friends....) with new products from games and ranges such as Army Painter, Conquest Games, Early War Miniatures, Fireforge Games, Guildball, Mantic, Perry Miniatures, Rubicon, Vallejo, Victrix and of course Warlord Games.
Reuben Turner
Club Secretary
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 10:00:52 am »

Also if you are attending on the day please can you actually say so as it would be really helpful to have some idea of numbers of bodies available.

Tom G

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 04:10:44 pm »

I will be attending from Midday. I can also help the Traders pack away.
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 07:48:16 am »

Will join Carl as Floor Captain.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Reuben Turner
Club Secretary
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 09:45:16 am »

Will join Carl as Floor Captain.

Thanks Gary

Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 01:27:09 pm »

I can help with the setup of the event.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: