• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

October 20, 2019, 02:52:11 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

What A Tanker Campaign

Started by Gary Martin, June 03, 2018, 11:17:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

I might be interested, I'd like to try it out first though.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Gary Martin

I will try and get a game run, particularly those who haven't played the rules. I can supply all the models, which will be identifiable to each player. Ideally 12 players will be ideal allowing for 2 x 3 vehicle platoons per side. As its likely that some players will not be available Plts would run under strength. I am writing a few campaign specific rules to provide some period flavour. The tank commanders can obtain promotion within the platoon and the plt commander will have some added capability. If the plt commander is killed then that player takes a new crew and starts as No3 in the plt with the No2 becoming the comdr etc.
If your tank is destroyed there will be a chance some members of the crew may survive.
Certain National specific rules will apply ie. until they come under fire the Russian tanks must change a die to move and advance toward the enemy. However the Russians will never start a game out numbered and if they have less players on a given day, they will have extra tanks. If the Germans are out numbered... such is life.
Any suggestions are welcome and I will post a draft campaign note shortly...
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Carl Fisher

Following the fun game last night - can you add me to the list?

Prefer to be Russians - can you provide tanks, as last night?

Thanks
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Gary Martin

Mike

Which week in August is set for the What a Tanker Campaign to start?

Am just finalising the Campaign specific rules. I can supply all tanks however if you have  your own that's fine. It is a winter campaign with Soviets using T34/76 and can upgrade to T34/85, and the German Pzr IVH, Stug IIIG, upgrading to Tiger I.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Gary Martin on July 26, 2018, 11:59:25 am

Which week in August is set for the What a Tanker Campaign to start?

Last, IIRC
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Gary Martin

Dear all
Please see attached for 'What a Tanker' campaign. This is a draft so (polite :)) comment and suggestion welcomed. Any inconsistencies or direct conflict to the rules need to be identified. First game is the 4th Monday of August.

I have tried to give some substance to each character with a national flavour. Where I have given a national twist (soviet must advance etc) I have given a balancing factor (Soviets only need 4 kills to upgrade). Players can print off there Character sheets, with a spare or to. I will also have a few spares.

Each table will be given a results sheet to hand in at the conclusion of the game. Each Plt Comdr will also be handed a scenario sheet with objectives. Each side will determine which Plt fights on which table and revealed to the opponent at the beginning. I will provide a campaign map as each scenario result will play to the next.
Gary
Gary Martin

Carl Fisher

Just a quick note - the 4th Monday in August is a Bank Holiday.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Daniel Phillips

Looks good. I'd like to join in on the German side, preferably with a Stug III.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Grahame

Unfortunately I will be in Sunderland reenacting the civil war on the bank holiday.
Grahame

Rob Farley

The last Monday of the month is already the X-Wing campaign.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on August 03, 2018, 10:41:57 am

Looks like first Monday of month is free.

2nd Monday - Gaslands
3rd Monday - ECW
4th Monday - X-wing

Is that correct?

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on August 03, 2018, 10:58:09 am

2nd Monday - Gaslands
3rd Monday - ECW
4th Monday - X-wing

Is that correct?

Yep.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Gary Martin

Quote from: Rob Farley on August 03, 2018, 07:48:07 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on August 03, 2018, 10:58:09 am

2nd Monday - Gaslands
3rd Monday - ECW
4th Monday - X-wing

Is that correct?

Yep.

Guess that would make it first Monday in Sept.

However if there is a feeling that this is too many campaigns at the same time I can always delay?
Gary Martin

Daniel Phillips

It's fine, we've had 4 campaigns on at the same time loads of times.

Pippa Peile

Campaign rules look good. Neither Ash nor me mind which side we play on so stick us in wherever you need us to make up numbers.