• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2019, 02:54:53 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

What A Tanker Campaign

Started by Gary Martin, June 03, 2018, 11:17:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Miller

I'd be up for piloting a StuG  ;D
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Rob Farley

In the interests of clarity, I'm still interested in taking part. Russians for preference.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Godbold

Chris Davies

As before, Russian, and I have tanks!
The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons;  Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin/Vampire gangs; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians; AoM undead.

Grahame

Confirm prepared to pay down my life for mother Russia.
Grahame

Mike Whitaker

Russia, not available on 3/8/18.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Dave Brown

I'm in.

I'd like to play German please!
A Grudge is Forever, not just for Life.

Gary Martin

August 27, 2018, 11:34:51 am #37 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:13:27 pm by Gary Martin
So next week the campaign begins:

Those German among you, after the efforts at Kursk, have just completed several months of training back in the fatherland and are newly qualified Panzer commanders. Your parent Division the famed LAH is entraining in Italy to be rushed once more to the Eastern Front to yet again save the day. In your brand new Panzer IV H and Stug III G you are beginning your journey, with newbie crews at the railhead in Germany, sent to meet your colleagues of the 2nd SS Panzer Kompanie, or 2nd SS Stug Bty, and resist the Soviet horde.

Those Russian among you are some of the few survivors of the 5th Guards Tank Army, pulverised at Kursk. You have been promoted and spent a few weeks training as a tank commander with new crews and brand new T34/76. The 5th Guards have been reformed and are about to be flung into the breach to finally break the hated German line and push on to Berlin.

This is my list of commanders as it stands. If I have missed anyone or their are late entries let me know. I have updated the campaign rules as attached, mainly to outline the activation process. Just to reiterate there is no need to play every game and no catchups are required. The more games you play the more rewards you can obtain. On the downside more chance to get your character killed. I have tried to meet everyones request for side and tank. Again if anyones has concerns let me know.

Soviet Guards Tank Platoon 1.  (T34/76)
Acting Plt Comdr - Grahame
Tank Comdr - Mike
Tank Comdr - Chris
Tank Comdr - Ash

Soviet Guards Tank Platoon 2
Acting Plt Comdr - Rob
Tank Comdr - Pippa
Tank Comdr - Carl
Tank Comdr - Martin

2nd Stug Battery LAH. (Stug IIIG)
231 - Gary
232 - Andy Miller
233 - Dan
234 - Tom

2nd Panzer Kompanie LAH (Pzr IVH)
231 - Shawn
232 - Dave
233 - Andy Mellor
234 - Kevin
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Gary Martin

Can I get confirmation on who is coming on Monday.

Due to numbers Plts are now 4 Tanks. I'm short a winter Stug (Have some non winter) but have just about finished the 4th Pzr IV. However anyone with there own tank is welcome as well as any spares of the same type to use as knocked out.

Please bring a couple of character printout sheets for the relevant side each. I have a number of dashboards and counters/cards, however if others do also that would be helpful. It would be useful if the soviet players can nominate one of their own to discuss any issues off line that may crop up. Eg if things seem a bit one sided and may need a balancing. I do have a few ideas to introduce if things don't appear even.

I have been keen to encourage a national feel to each side rather than have two equal. Where there is a negative (the soviet need to advance Stah Stah Stah, I have balanced with soviets upgrading early to T34/85. However as the campaign progresses inconsistencies may arise which may need adjustment.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Grahame

Andy Miller

I'll be there with my own winterised StuG
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Gary Martin on August 29, 2018, 04:31:37 pm
Can I get confirmation on who is coming on Monday.

I confirm. I will be there.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.