Peterborough Wargames Club
August 21, 2018, 10:06:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What A Tanker Campaign  (Read 328 times)
Gary Martin
Administrator

« on: June 03, 2018, 10:17:40 am »

At the AGM I undertook to run a WW2 campaign this year. Given the interest that the new Lardies ‘What a Tanker’, rules appear to have generated at the club, I propose to run a simple campaign, pretty much inline with the rules.

It wont be necessary for every player to play every game. The more often you play the more chance to progress, but also more opportunity to be knocked out and your crew killed. Probably start with Panzer IV and T34/76, with the possibility to upgrade to Tiger I and T34/85.

If members can indicate if they are interested I will liaise with the committee to identify an appropriate timetable. Gary

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Chris Davies

Are you sure that's wise, sir?

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:39:59 am »

Tanked up and ready to roll!

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons; Operation Squad Russian Guards Rifle Squad 750 points;Russian Assault Squad 495 points; Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin gang; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians and 6mm dwarfs.
Andy Miller

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 02:24:01 pm »

Me too, preferably in a panzer.
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:28:55 pm »

As I said tonight, I'm potentially interested but I'd like to try the game out first before committing.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 07:31:05 am »

Moi.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Grahame

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 12:48:45 pm »

Count me in - I'll be British or a Yank with a tank or Canadian or Free French - something Allied.
Grahame
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 05:19:05 pm »

Count me in - I'll be British or a Yank with a tank or Canadian or Free French - something Allied.
Grahame

I think you're going to be Russian, then Cheesy

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Andy Mellor

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 01:09:57 pm »

German please?
Shawn Comer

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 04:51:35 pm »

I would be interested.
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 05:49:05 pm »

So the plan will be to run a What a Tanker campaign set in March 1943 at the 3rd Battle of Kharkov. Mainly this is because I’m all keen on winter at the moment and this is a winter campaign. Players interested so far. Further places available as people wont be expected to fight every battle. Campaign start 1st August.

Soviet Guards Tank Platoon.  (T34/76)
Plt Comdr - Grahame
2 I/C - Mike
Tank Comdr - Chris
Tank Comdr - Rob

2nd Panzer Kompanie LAH. (Pzr IV H)
231 - Gary
232 - Andy Miller
233 - Shawn
234 - Andy Mellor

I will post some campaign suggestions to add flavour shortly.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Chris Davies

Are you sure that's wise, sir?

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 08:33:17 am »

Ourrah!

The boy's toys: SAGA Anglo-Saxons; Operation Squad Russian Guards Rifle Squad 750 points;Russian Assault Squad 495 points; Bolt Action Soviets 1,000 points;Mordheim Goblin gang; Necromunda Bax's Stabbers; Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages; Dystopian Wars Russian starter fleet; Wings of Wibble; assorted plastic spacemen, Mahdists,French Foreign Legion, Colonial Egyptians and 6mm dwarfs.
Dave Brown

Club Gnoblar

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »

Brrrrrrrm!!!!! BOOOM!!! BRRRRRM!!!! BOOM BOOM!

A Grudge is Forever, not just for Life.
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 09:57:02 am »

Brrrrrrrm!!!!! BOOOM!!! BRRRRRM!!!! BOOM BOOM!

Watch him, he's dangerous.

Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 07:45:05 pm »

Still room for a few more.

Gary Martin

Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 12:48:50 pm »

Ash and I are interested but we would probably need to borrow models. Do you have any spares?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: