• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 18, 2019, 11:51:38 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Gaslands Campaign With Poll

Started by Rob Farley, March 21, 2018, 10:12:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

From the options below, which type of campaign would you prefer

Option one, simple season
2 (28.6%)
Option two, escalating season
1 (14.3%)
Option three, full campaign
0 (0%)
Not option one
1 (14.3%)
Not option two
2 (28.6%)
Not option three
0 (0%)
Any of them, I just want to play
1 (14.3%)
What's Gaslands?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on May 24, 2018, 11:38:51 pm
As far as I know, the following people are signed up for the campaign. If I've missed anyone, let me know:

Not seen the words "please let me know if you're still interested" here  :)  but yes I am
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Rob Farley on May 17, 2018, 09:49:47 pm
I'd like to get a list of everyone who actually wants to take part so let me know.

:P ::)
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Daniel Phillips

Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Daniel Phillips

Above it says-
The televised event schedule will be as follows:
June 11th: Death Race

But the Monday Night Games thread has the campaign game on June 18th. Which is correct?
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on June 06, 2018, 10:54:24 am
Above it says-
The televised event schedule will be as follows:
June 11th: Death Race

But the Monday Night Games thread has the campaign game on June 18th. Which is correct?

18th June - was agreed to swap with Pikeman's Lament, because of some obscure football event.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

First game was moved because Grahame wants to watch the world cup. Or something like that. I probably should have paid more attention. ???
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Rob Farley

June 10, 2018, 10:34:02 pm #21 Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:37:30 pm by Rob Farley
Answers to a few questions that have come up.

1) Vehicles do not have to be completely WYSIWYG, so long as they're representative and you're clear with your opponents before the game. e.g. Some cars could pass as performance cars or trucks, just be clear about what's what and you're fine.
2) Same goes for weapons. Not everything has to be represented on the vehicles and we're fine with "counts as" so long as it's made clear.
3) Vehicles only have to roll once per game on the wrecked vehicle table no matter how many times they're wrecked, and only if they're wrecked at the end of the game. This saves us from having to keep track of which vehicles have re-spawned and how often.
4) The rules for interrupted final positions apply even if the obstacle the obstacle is one that your vehicle would normally ignore. Basically, you should never finish your move on top of an obstruction or another vehicle.
5) The FAQ says that you need your opponent's permission to fit a turret-mounted ram. You have permission.

At the end of each game I'll need to know the result, each team's updated rating and the number of audience votes earned. That means the total number of votes, not just the number unspent at the end (so don't be afraid to use them).

Rob Farley

Updated list of participants, based on everyone who's actually got back to me. Still room for more, just let me know. Doesn't matter if you have your own vehicles or not, we can accommodate you.

Me
Mike
Dan
Chris
Adrian
Dave
Mark

And before anyone asks, the reason I keep banging on about numbers is that I just need to make sure we have enough gates, skid dice, templates, tokens etc. to support the number of games we'll be playing. As we saw last night, sharing templates across tables is a pain.

Mike Whitaker

As a note, I have 3D files for templates - if anyone wants a 3D printed set let me know and I'll work out a price.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Mark Haynes

I am trying to choose a team sponsor for the campaign, but I am a little confused about the Miyazaki Perk 'Showing Off'
The rule book states that ALL cars in the team have to resolve a Shift, a Slide, a Spin, and not wipeout, within a single Gear phase.
Does this mean that each car has to all 3 of those things without wiping out, or that each car must do at least one of them?
E.g. In a 2 Car Team, during Gear phase 2, Car 1 does a Shift Up to gear 3, and suffers from a spin result, but no Slide, and Car 2 just does a Shift up to Gear 4, without Sliding or Spinning.
Will the team receive 2 audience votes, or none?

I think probably none, but what do I know? ;)
Games Played(Armies): Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed (Beastmen); NetEpic (Space Marines); WH40K (Tau, Space Marine, Necron); Gruntz(Hammers Slammers, Colonial Defence Force); Song of Blades & Heroes; Dux Britanniarum(Saxons); Necromunda(Delaque); Rogue Stars; Infinity(JSA); Ronin; Test of Honour;

Rob Farley

Every car has to do all 3 things in order to get the bonus. It's tricky to pull off, but you get the chance every gear phase so with a bit of luck you can really rack up some votes.

It's obviously easier if you have fewer vehicles, and the single Miyazaki hyper-car approach is one option. But the injury rules in this campaign may make that less than ideal.

Shawn Comer

Is it too late for me to join in this campaign? If not, I'll try to get some cars and a list put together for Monday.

Rob Farley

You can absolutely join in. Tom's joining us on Monday after missing the first round, so you'll have company. You'll need a standard 50-can team, which will only put you 3 points off the last place teams so you can definitely catch up.

Shawn Comer

Quote from: Rob Farley on July 03, 2018, 10:10:06 pm
You can absolutely join in. Tom's joining us on Monday after missing the first round, so you'll have company. You'll need a standard 50-can team, which will only put you 3 points off the last place teams so you can definitely catch up.

Excellent, count me in. I'm preparing my team now.

Mark Haynes

Sorry, I am not going to make it again tonight, as I have hurt my back.
Games Played(Armies): Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed (Beastmen); NetEpic (Space Marines); WH40K (Tau, Space Marine, Necron); Gruntz(Hammers Slammers, Colonial Defence Force); Song of Blades & Heroes; Dux Britanniarum(Saxons); Necromunda(Delaque); Rogue Stars; Infinity(JSA); Ronin; Test of Honour;