• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

November 21, 2019, 11:29:14 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Campaign Finale - All-Day Game - March 18th

Started by Rob Farley, February 26, 2018, 12:11:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

Quote from: Rob Farley on March 13, 2018, 11:17:35 am
Quote from: Daniel Phillips on March 13, 2018, 10:06:43 am
Several boasts say "You must rout/destroy the highest points value unit from all the enemy forces on the table". Assuming the "You" refers to the player not the faction this means that only 1 player from each faction can win any of these?

Correct. Some coordination with your co-commanders may be in order. Or alternatively, a little competition is good for the soul.
Quote from: Daniel Phillips on March 13, 2018, 10:06:43 amAlso what if "the highest points value unit from all the enemy forces on the table" changes in play? (ie a fence sitting player joins a faction and has a higher value unit than any unit already in that faction).

It seems unlikely to be an issue given the forces involved (the Night's Watch don't have expensive units) but I guess it's possible. So let's make it the highest points value unit at the time you select your boast, since there'll probably be a tie and you'll have to write down your specific target anyway.

Good point, I was confusing the Nights Watch list with the Northern list (Level-Headed Elite Riders).

Neutral forces that declare this kind of boast should probably avoid allying with their target. :D

Isn't allying with your target a standard tactic in GoT?  ;D

Quote from: Daniel Phillips on March 13, 2018, 10:06:43 amCan a player change factions during the game?

No. It would be very appropriate to the scenario, but just too much of a headache to work out.

Shame, the amount of paranoia that allowing that would cause would be hilarious!
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andy Mellor

So with no Dragon turning up and as Dan says elite level headed knights might be the most expensive unit on the table. Roose Bolton is leading the scouts!!!!!

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Mellor on March 14, 2018, 08:49:28 am
So with no Dragon turning up and as Dan says elite level headed knights might be the most expensive unit on the table. Roose Bolton is leading the scouts!!!!!

That seems entirely appropriate. As does all of the various vengeance-related boasts targetting the Boltons. ;D
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Rob Farley

Ok, for the benefit of those who weren't there on Monday (and for those who weren't paying attention and/or have already forgotten) this is the plan for Sunday.

Mike will be opening up at 9:00, I'm subject to the vagaries of the Sunday bus schedule and I'll be getting there at about 9:45 (so, shortly before Dan). I'd like to crack on with the first games as soon as I get there, so could people please set up 6 tables as per a normal Monday night.

We'll be starting with a final round of one-on-one battles in the morning, then breaking for lunch at about 12ish. Over lunch, we'll set up the table for the big battle and kick off as soon as we're ready to go.

Please can anyone who's not going to make it let us know beforehand. I don't want to be waiting around for someone to turn up if they just can't be bothered to let us know. Right now, I know we're missing Grahame and Shawn but I think everyone else is coming. Am I right?

Godbold

Rob,please accept my apologies as I won't be able to make Sunday.I have a family gathering this weekend to celebrate a couple of birthdays....one that is very important! I was looking forward to the campaign day and enjoyed the gaming experience of Direwolf Rampant.Thankyou for organising the event Rob.

Pippa Peile

I thought Tom said he wasn't going to be able to make it but I could be wrong.

Pippa Peile

Also, as mentioned, we are intending on doing a cash and carry run on the way in. They open at 9am so we will get to you as soon as possible after this.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Pippa Peile on March 15, 2018, 11:51:58 am

That's news to me. Tom, can you confirm either way please.

Tom G

Quote from: Rob Farley on March 15, 2018, 08:33:21 pm
Quote from: Pippa Peile on March 15, 2018, 11:51:58 am

That's news to me. Tom, can you confirm either way please.

This is correct. I was planning on attending although something has come up and I was waiting on confirmation that I would not be able to attend which I now have. Apologies for the late notice.

Andy Mellor

Rob, could you go through the turn sequence for Me?
After dicing to find the attacker would all the armies in that faction get a turn or just one army from that faction? Ie. Joffrey wins the role off and then me, Pippa and Ash go, followed by the Stannis faction having thier goes and finally by the delusional, undesided and  oath breakers?

Mike Whitaker

It looks as though I may have to bail around 3:30 - very short notice band gig in Skeggy which we can't turn down...

I'll be there to open up and for a goodly chunk of the day, and if the Night Watch survive past then (which is not necessarily possible, given my current campaign score) I'll happily hand them over to whoever I'm allied with by then.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Mellor on March 16, 2018, 10:28:12 am
Rob, could you go through the turn sequence for Me?
After dicing to find the attacker would all the armies in that faction get a turn or just one army from that faction? Ie. Joffrey wins the role off and then me, Pippa and Ash go, followed by the Stannis faction having thier goes and finally by the delusional, undesided and  oath breakers?

That's basically right. There's no reason why multiple players can't act simultaneously so long as they're not attacking the same target. But each of the neutral players will get their own turn rather than acting at the same time, so they've got the freedom to attack each other as well.

Rob Farley

Ok, so this is my current understanding of who's turning up on Sunday.

Declared for King Joffrey (either directly or indirectly)
House Lannister - Pippa
House Bolton - Andy M2
House Manderley - Ash

Declared for King Stannis
House Mallister - Dan
House Arryn - Andy H

Declared for Balon Greyjoy
House Greyjoy - Andy B

Undeclared
House Uller - Rob
The Night's Watch - Mike
House Tyrell - Carl
House Tarbeck - Gary

If there are any changes to this list, please let me know ASAP.