• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

January 24, 2020, 11:59:34 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by Grahame, January 16, 2018, 09:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Beer

Hi Gary, when are you free to play the catch up game?

Gary Martin

Quote from: Andrew Beer on July 26, 2018, 07:50:30 am
Hi Gary, when are you free to play the catch up game?

Andrew I am in on Monday if you are. Apologies for Monday my son got very ill and I had to go home.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Grahame

July 1643 - Both sides in the conflict were actively foraging for supplies, intercepting powder trains and rounding up cattle & sheep. The Royalists  have been more successful at bringing in supplies but in the process are starting to lose the propaganda war  with the words cavalier and plunderer becoming one and the same. Civilian casualties are starting to mount.........
We are now half way through the campaign and the results are as follows:
Royalists have 8 wins and 273 honour. Roundheads have 10 wins and 301 honour. Not a lot in it at this stage.
Promotions : Royalists have 2 Ensigns, 1 Lt, 2 Cpts and 2 Majors. Parliament has 1 Ensign, 1 Cpt & 5 Majors.

The next round will be on August  20th and will be based on siege warfare....... bring your guns and storming parties. Both sides will be attempting to take and hold enemy fortifications, spiking  guns and having fun in trenches. The Three Muskateers film that starts with them at the siege of La Rochelle should give you the idea.
NEW RULE - for this battle only...
I will allow horse to dismount as storming parties and fight on foot as aggressive forlorn hope @ 6 points but you must have appropriate figures to represent them eg officer types on foot in bucket top boots wielding sword & pistol or halberd/partizan would be suitable.
Grahame
PS please put both names on the results sheets!

Grahame

Amendment- Royalists have 280 honour. 2 ens 1lt  1 cpt  3 major
Please make sure the results sheets are fully complete!
Grahame

Grahame

Clarification - if you want to use dismounted horse as agg. forlorn hope it is a straight swap - a 6pt horse unit for a 6pt foot unit . I don't see 3pt raw horse volunteering to storm defences! Dragoons will be able to occupy defences if dismounted ie they move as shot but otherwise the factors remain the same. I am also going to allow players to merge two 2pt cmd. shot into one 4pt shot unit if you have them and wish to. All these changes are for this game only.
If your army includes a gun or guns you must use them as part of your company in this game.
The siege games will be multiplayer and so special orders are not allowed in this game but your officer characteristics still apply.
I will be providing victory conditions and how honour can be gained on the day along with rules for scaling ladders etc  and how fortifications affect shooting and combat - although based on the redoubt mission the games will go beyond that.
The siege is based on events at  Newark with Parliament attacking Royalist defences and Royalists sallying forth to attack the Parliamentary siege lines so both sides will be attackers and/or defenders in different games.
Grahame

Carl Fisher

Final clarification on Horse fighting as Forlorn Hope, what about 4pt Horse?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Grahame

As I said  - straight 6pt for 6pt swap so no dismounted option for 4 point horse. I want to keep the swaps limited to just those examples given above to allow for some adjustment to lists to take account of this game without having wholesale rewriting of company lists.
Grahame

Pippa Peile

Would you allow those of us with compulsory horse in our list to leave them out for this game only then and just build our force from our other options?
(No problem if not, just thought I'd ask!)

Grahame

You may use whatever combination you feel best suits this game up to normal 24 points limit from your existing list - except that if you have a gun it must be included and your reserve is still your reserve as already listed. I would bring everything and wait till you see the tables and know what game you are in before making final decisions - it will be very different from what we have done so far.
Grahame

Andy Miller

Working on 20th, apologies. If there is anyone else who can't make this date I'd be happy to do following week as x-wing has been pushed back.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

Could everyone else please confirm if they will be there. I will adjust the scenarios accordingly - they are intended to be multiplayer rather than one on one but can accommodate missing players on the day.
Grahame.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Miller on August 11, 2018, 10:28:02 am
Working on 20th, apologies. If there is anyone else who can't make this date I'd be happy to do following week as x-wing has been pushed back.
Andy

X-Wing hasn't necessarily been pushed back, that's yet to be decided.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Grahame on August 11, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
Could everyone else please confirm if they will be there. I will adjust the scenarios accordingly - they are intended to be multiplayer rather than one on one but can accommodate missing players on the day.
Grahame.

I confirm.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

colinabrett

Quote from: Grahame on August 11, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
Grahame.

I'll be there on the 20th
Colin

Pippa Peile

We will both be there on the 20th