• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2019, 03:23:59 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by Grahame, January 16, 2018, 09:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahame

The 4 point  reserve is 'free' so can be ignored when working out your army. The only requirement for the 24point force on the field is that it must include at least one of each 'must have' which could use as little as 8 points - depending on which type of army you use. In terms of the campaign the 'could haves' can't be replaced.  So ... work out 36 points and put 24 of them on the table and bring along a 4 point reserve just in case.
Grahame

Andrew Beer

This matches what you told me and makes sense to me , could haves would be harder to come by and be off limited supply .

Andrew Beer

Also I believe you said 1 Forlorn hope only?

Grahame

That is correct-if your could haves includes them it will be limited to one.
Grahame

Carl Fisher

Grahame, what happens if your two Must Have units are destroyed?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Grahame

At the moment my thinking is this - must haves can be replaced but not as upgraded units - eg your elite aggressive gallopers are destroyed during a fight and would come back as ordinary gallopers. The idea is that must haves can be replaced but could haves cannot. A unit is considered as destroyed if it is wiped out or route off the table. Any unit that survives the fight and is still on table can come back to full strength - even if on the losing side. The main aim is to keep record keeping and tracking of units to a minimum.

Grahame

The start date will be the 21st May. I will collate all the information you need to know by the end of April. The intention is that the first game will be based around three different scenarios [ x2 so giving 6 different tables] and each side will need to plot which of their armies is best suited to which scenario/table. The Royalists were advancing  in May 1643 so they will be the attackers in this first game. The results from the first round will then determine what happens in June.
Grahame

Gary Martin

Grahame just looking to prepare a list for my practice game with Shawn tonight. I know you game me a couple of sheets with army lists but I can only find one with Royalist Raiding, Parliament garrison and Royalist Field. What other parliament options are there? Thanks Gary
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Grahame

hi Gary - apologies for late reply but been away. All the same options as the Royalists except that you'll be using trotters not gallopers. Those on the sheet you mentioned are just worked examples. I'll bring more copies down next  Monday of my original briefing sheet for the different types of armies.
Grahame

Carl Fisher

Grahame can you upload the files? Make it easier for people to access/find?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Carl Fisher on April 05, 2018, 12:55:12 pm
Grahame can you upload the files? Make it easier for people to access/find?

Please? :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Miller

For what it's worth - Stat lines on a word document. I've only put on the units I've got, so feel free to add.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

thanks Andy - really useful.
I'm doing one last play test on Monday and will then post the final version of the campaign details next week. The aim is that you should have your army roster to me by 14th May so that we can begin on the 21st. I can tell you that the first game will be only using scenario A which represents initial contact between the King's armies and the forces of Parliament. In May 1643 the Royalists were advancing so they will be the attackers in this first game. What you won't know is the terrain you'll be fighting over until you arrive.
Grahame

Grahame

Thanks to all those who have helped with play testing scenarios over the last few weeks. It has been a big help. The attachments are now the versions you will need to study before deciding on your lists etc. You will find there are some differences from what I have said previously! I will need your 36 pt list + reserve  on or before 14th May. I do not want or need to see your list for each individual mission. The first game will be on May 21st with the Royalists as attackers and we will be playing Mission A .
If you wish to use the roster sheets from the rule book you can find them as follows:
www.ospreypublishing.com > osprey games > gaming resources > osprey wargame series >OWG 19 ...as well as the company & officer rosters you can find a very useful Quick Reference Sheet.
Grahame

Carl Fisher

Grahame

I think my only question is about Aggressive "upgrade" for Gallopers.

My view is that for Royalist Horse the upgrade would be to remove Aggressive and not to add it!

So when a unit is Downgraded - it returns as Gallopers Aggressive!

Also I assume the Officer can join any unit he wishes (within your restrictions) at the start of the game.