Peterborough Wargames Club
April 21, 2019, 10:08:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign  (Read 3580 times)
Andy Miller

« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2018, 04:59:56 pm »

For once my shifts fit and i will be there.
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Grahame

« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2018, 09:53:29 am »

More stuff about the final game...…. If you have any hero then you may move them into a different unit before you turn up for the game as long as a hero on foot stays on foot and a hero with a horse stays on a horse! As the reserves will be on table then we will ignore 6/6+6 and 1/1+1. No special orders or challenges allowed but officer characteristics apply.
The role of generals...…. I'm open to discussion on this - generals are represented by a suitable model. They can move between units and give +1 on morale and activation to units within 12" which is cumulative to officers/hero eg if a unit has a hero +1 and an officer within +1 and the general within +1 then the unit gets +3 for morale and +2 for activation. Generals  will only be at risk if in a unit that is shot at or in combat. Each general will have a number of failed activation reroll cards that can be cashed in during the game [4/5/ 6?]. Generals will not have any other characteristics.
Grahame
PS I will allow pike to start the game in close order. Once guns have been placed they will not be allowed to move - guns will still be allowed to swivel. Each side will have a baggage trayne to defend which will be provided by me including a free unit of clubmen to defend it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:31:49 pm by Grahame » Logged
Carl Fisher
Boring Old Guy

« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2018, 04:45:52 pm »

Apologies Carl - I did indeed forget so you are now back to Lt. Please dice for characteristics before we start the final game.
Grahame

Doesn't that also mean the Royalists are on 472 honour, so  whole 2 points ahead?

Not sure if that makes a difference for the final game!

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
Grahame

« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2018, 07:20:45 pm »

Carl - you are correct on the points count. It may have an effect on the final results.
Grahame
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:34:56 pm by Grahame » Logged
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2018, 09:02:30 pm »

The above was our 10,000th post, BTW.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2018, 09:33:30 pm »

The above was our 10,000th post, BTW.
Does he win a prize? Grin

Also, dammit! Missed it by one post! Angry

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
Grahame

« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2018, 11:17:52 am »

More stuff for next week - the game will be split into three sections. ECW battles generally had cavalry on the flanks and foot & guns in the centre so...… having been through all the armies and taking into account how much horse/guns you have left  I am allocating armies to sections with two on each flank and three in the centre as follows:
Royalists - Centre - Tom, Pippa {G}, Ash    Flanks - Andrew {G}, Mike, Shawn, Carl {G}.
Parliament - Centre - Tony, Colin, Kevin{G}   Flanks - Grahame, Gary {G}, Andy Mellor {G}, Andy Miller
It is up to the generals{G} to decide on deployment eg who is on which flank and how they will be arranged in the centre.

Sequence of events: Dice for newly promoted officers etc.
The Royalists have been out scouted as Parliament has many more dragoons. Royalists pick table edge  and then deploy. Parliament deploys. Consequences* from previous month are applied and Royalists go first.
* Royalists get to reposition D3 units after Parliament deploys. Royalists get one free move -no activation necessary- for 2D6 units as allocated by Generals. Four Royalist foot units will only be allowed 4" moves during the game - their shoes are worn out- as decided by the generals.
Grahame

« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2018, 11:28:05 am »

Yet more stuff - the two sides have as follows:
Royalists -   Foot 402  Horse 114  Dragoons 12 Guns 6 clubmen 12
Parliament - Foot 420  Horse 72   Dragoons 24  Guns 4 clubmen 12
That's a lot of toys on the table  - 1120!

Grahame
PS don't forget the movement trays.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:26:30 pm by Grahame » Logged
Andy Miller

« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2018, 10:00:35 pm »

Grahame,
Are the D3 repositions and 2D6 non rolled moves per table or for the whole army?
Are the "free" moves, non rolled activations on the first turn for the royalists?
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Grahame

« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2018, 11:21:29 pm »

All of this happens before the first move and counts for the whole army not each table so the Royalist generals will have some decisions to make. They can be spread across the tables as the generals wish which means they could focus both of these effects on one flank if they so wish or parcel them out between all the players. They may be combined eg a galloper unit may be repositioned and then be given a free move but no single unit may have more than one free move. Repositioned means within the deployment area but the free move can be used to move towards the enemy and beyond the deployment zone. Normal rules for obstacles/difficult going apply.
Grahame
Andy Miller

« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2018, 08:21:07 pm »

Thanks, understood, should make it interesting Smiley
Andy

Grahame

« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2018, 09:09:45 am »

The Baggage Trayne - Consists of a collection of tents, waggons etc. It will be defended by the free unit of clubmen - think of them as camp followers etc- the area of the baggage trayne counts as difficult going- all those guy ropes to trip over- and provides soft cover. You may put one extra foot unit [eg commanded shot]  within the baggage to help guard it.  It will be worth 20 honour if sacked.

Honour for the final game is a simple total for the whole army calculated as follows:  Honour earned in the campaign so far + honour gained during officer rolls + honour gained/lost due to 66+6/11+1 + value of enemy units destroyed or routed + enemy officers killed + baggage sacked. The grand total of all that lot will decide if in 1643 king or parliament has swept the enemy from Lincolnshire & relieved/taken Crowland & King's Lynn to remove/secure the Eastern Association in the war.
Grahame
colinabrett
Administrator

« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2018, 01:17:48 pm »

If you have two 2pt cmd shot units left you may put them together as a 4pt shot unit.

Hello Grahame,

My army took a mauling in earlier rounds. I am left with 2xShot, 2xPike, 1xTrotters and 1xCommanded Shot. That leaves me two points short of the normal 24. The units listed above include my reserve Pike unit. I do have 2 Dragoon units, which were destroyed earlier and don't come back.

Could I take the mounted figures from those units and combine them into a 4 point Trotter unit? If I drop the Commanded Shot, that would give me six units at four points each for a total of 24.

Would that be OK?

Colin
Andy Mellor

« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2018, 10:52:06 am »

A question on army deployment, do I need to deploy all my units on the flank (and control them all - 40pts for an ensign is a big force) or can I attach units to another commanders? I.e can I give Colin some units to make up his numbers or swop infantry for dragoon’s/trotters from other commanders?
Grahame

« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2018, 03:05:10 pm »

Colin - sorry but no swaps as you've requested - I've said right from the start that officers will be fielding what they have left [aside from the minor adjustments I've allowed]. My records show your army as follows [including reserve] 1 Trotters, 2 Pike, 3 Shot & 1 Cmd shot  so you seem to have more troops than you think you do.
Andy - no moving of units between commands. All your troops must  deploy within the sector you have been given but once units start moving then they may move anywhere on the field but remember they are stlll owned by their original officer and could well go beyond normal command radius and so wouldn't benefit from their own officer but can benefit from a general being within 12" which is why I have introduced the generals to help keep commands moving.
Grahame
PS    More intelligence of the two armies:
The King's Army has a total of 60 units with commands ranging from 7 > 9 units
The Army of Parliament has a total of 63 units with commands ranging from 7 > 10 units
Both sides each  have  8 Elite/Veteran units. The above does not take into account any merging of cmd shot into shot units.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:14:28 pm by Grahame » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: