• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2020, 01:58:38 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Pikeman's Lament ECW campaign

Started by Grahame, January 16, 2018, 09:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

colinabrett

Shawn Comer

Andy Mellor

Andrew Beer

Grahame

Next week - will again be multiplayer missions so no special orders allowed. Lots of you will need to sort out promotions at the start and your shiny new officer characteristics are allowed.  The games may give an advantage to those able to out scout their opponents so dust off your dragoons. To give you a hint the scenarios are called - "soldiers need shoes", " passing like ships in the night" and "muster". Honour points will be pooled and shared as per last month.
Grahame

Andy Mellor

My apologies Graeme, but I won't be able to make it on Monday.

Grahame

September 1643 - The Royalists have gradually been gaining ground on Parliament.  The fight at the gibbet saw the Royalists holding the field and causing significant casualties on Parliament but not without loss to themselves. As Royalist and Parliamentary forces marched past each other the Royalists had the better of the manoeuvring and effectively saw off an attempt by Parliament to reinforce their column. Parliament did manage to rebuff a Royalist raid and got the much needed shoes to their army.
After five months of campaigning both sides stand at 12 wins each. Parliament has 470 honour and the Royalists have 469 - only 1 point in it!

The last game[15th October]will be a final confrontation between the full might of both armies. I am aiming for a 'formal' battle. Just google maps of Edgehill, Marston Moor and Naseby and you will see there was a certain way of setting out an army for battle. To this end I would like information to update army lists - just let me know what has changed in your list eg. both my veteran shot are no longer veteran but everything else is the same. You will be fielding the total of your remaining forces including reserves. I would like all troops on the table to be painted please - I can lend painted stuff if necessary.
Grahame

Grahame

September 18, 2018, 02:05:16 pm #173 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:32:13 pm by Grahame
Final promotions & ranks before the big battle:

Royalists :Tom Ens, Andrew Ens, Mike Cpt, Shawn Maj, Carl Lt, Ash Cpt, Pippa Ens. Based on total honour so far Carl, Andrew & Pippa will be the Royalist Generals for the final battle.

Parliament: Grahame Ens, Gary Ens, Kevin Lt, Andy Mellor Ens, Andy Miller Ens, Colin Cpt, Tony Ens. Based on total honour so far Kevin, Gary & Andy Mellor will be the Parliamentary Generals for the final battle.

Each side will have a lord general in the centre and a major general in charge of each flank. I will be producing a 'Rules of Engagement' for the final battle that will explain the roles of generals, how the armies will deploy etc.
Grahame.

Carl Fisher

Grahame, I did mention it, but you may have forgotten, the 3 points honour for my new ensigns background (dualist).

So I think my total is 81. Isn't that worth a promotion?

Carl
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Miller

I'm confused about my officer. He was a major on the original list and  due to working has earned no new points, but is now an ensign? Do I lose my attributes and need to re-roll?
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

Andy -  You got a share of the results from last night so will need to roll at the start of the next game. I fielded a spare army as you weren't there - they were all core troops without upgrades so would have had no impact on your lists.
Grahame

Andy Miller

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

Apologies Carl - I did indeed forget so you are now back to Lt. Please dice for characteristics before we start the final game.
Grahame

Grahame

Units, movement trays etc........... For the final game it would help speed things up if units were on movement trays as formed bodies eg shot in a 6x2 formation, pike also 6x2  but 4x3 if in close order, gallopers would look best in single rank but trotters as 3x2, commanded shot 3x2, dragoons &  forlorn hope in single rank. This will also help players identify what troop types they are facing and  help to emphasise the more 'formal' nature of this last fight. If you have two 2pt cmd shot units left you may put them together as a 4pt shot unit. Forlorn hope, dragoons and cmd shot must be fielded as formed bodies in this battle - they were not Napoleonic rifles[!] and the concept of the skirmish screen was yet to be developed - but they will still fight as per the rules. Just to be clear - a formed body means the models are in base to base contact.
Grahame