Peterborough Wargames Club
September 24, 2018, 08:25:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Wing Heroes of the Aturi Cluster  (Read 503 times)
Adrian_Barnes

« on: January 09, 2018, 09:12:48 pm »

I am planning on running a Heroes of Aturi Cluster campaign probably starting in around April (I was planning a short campaign which is 6-9 missions total)

In this campaign you will be flying a small group of ships against the imperials who will be flown according to the games AI. You will initially start in either an X-wing, Kihraxz or a Y wing with some upgrades and can either build your initial ship up or move to a more advanced ship with other options (more advanced ships may still be piles of junk just with more options).

This is using a slightly modified version of the 0.7 rules found at http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/ Unfortunately the documents are a bit big to post here.

The modifications that I am planning for the campaign are the following:

General experience for everyone is pooled between the pilots. This way all the people are building up at the same rate.

There will be experience gained for every three actions that are taken in support of another pilot in the game (generally this is when you give a token to an allied ship). This is to help people who want to build more supporting ships.

Twin Laser Turret is 8 XP to buy rather than six. – This is a balance issue as otherwise it is so much better than the other turret options, this takes it in line with other options.

As I stated earlier I have found sheets for the Scum Ships along with some of the newer ships. This will allow you to start with a Kihraxz or Scum Y Wing and eventually acquire other scum ships. If you take these options then you will gain access o the Scum pilot abilities instead of the rebel ones.

There are also sheets for the newer rebel ships but those may come into the campaign with more experience. (Some of them are very powerful).

If someone does want to use a larger ship eventually then remember that it may get a heightened imperial response.

As far as models for the campaign go you will need one ship for you along with your pilot. I can provide a number of the relevant ships but if you can provide your own ship that would help.
Initial ships will have a number of experience points for initial upgrades dependant on the ship in question. The X wing will have five experience, the Kihraxz will have six experience along with extra mod slots as it advances and either of the Y wings with eight experience. (The experience costs of upgrades will be the corresponding upgrades points costs in the game).

If people are interested in taking part then I would like to know what ship you want to start in along with who you pilot will be.

I will be getting lists of the various upgrades costs soon for people to consider what they want to fly. The pilot cards and rules will be up on dropbox shortly if needed.

If there is anything else I have forgotten then let me know and I can update it
Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:33:51 pm »

General experience for everyone is pooled between the pilots. This way all the people are building up at the same rate.

There will be experience gained for every three actions that are taken in support of another pilot in the game (generally this is when you give a token to an allied ship). This is to help people who want to build more supporting ships.
We had a look at the rules and this looked like a very key part of making it enjoyable so very glad to see you are pooling experience and encouraging support ships!

Count both of us in on the campaign.
We have a sizeable collection of ships between us, I will make a list for you so you know what we can supply if needed.
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:03:29 am »

Thanks, I will get my ship list up soon also. There are also so many good rebel support skills that it would be a shame to penalise them in favour of kill things quicker skills.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:44:01 pm »

Well, just to confirm what I was saying yesterday, I'm in. Playing as mercenary scum, obviously.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 10:24:37 am »

Here is the second draft of the Ship creation document. Another document with the available upgrades will be up soon. If you want me to go into more detail on any of the specific ships let me know.

* Ship generation overview.docx (343.16 KB - downloaded 24 times.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:09:57 am by Adrian_Barnes » Logged
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 11:28:37 am »

I have got the list of ship upgrades now done. It has been split into the different types to make it easier to look through but it is still quite long I am afraid. The pilot abilities will also be up soon. Once all three documents are up I will be putting them in the main post.

* X Wing Upgrades.docx (44.95 KB - downloaded 22 times.)
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:56:16 am »

Here is the list of Pilot skills available for Rebel and Scum pilots.

* Pilot Abilities.docx (29.88 KB - downloaded 23 times.)
Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 02:47:30 pm »

Put me down for rebel. YT1300 and YT2400 are my favourite ships to play with normally but if you'd rather I go with a smaller ship that's fine. If it's the 1300, it's got to be Chewie in the driving seat!
Ash will probably want to go with scum!
Andy Miller

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 11:10:58 am »

X-wing please (I have the model). I'll have a look at the upgrades when I get time Smiley
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 11:20:03 pm »

Put me down for rebel. YT1300 and YT2400 are my favourite ships to play with normally but if you'd rather I go with a smaller ship that's fine. If it's the 1300, it's got to be Chewie in the driving seat!
Ash will probably want to go with scum!

At least to begin with it will need to be something smaller as the freighters are only available when you reach pilot skill 6, you can get the abilities once you reach the corresponding skill though. But yes that is why the freighters are in it.
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 08:31:24 pm »

This is a reminder for the people who are interested in this that I am planning on starting the campaign at the last week in April. If you are interested can you let me know in the thread so I can get an idea of how much stuff I need. (including new Ties I have about 12 TIE Fighters).
Andy Miller

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 06:53:57 am »

Ady,
I have 4 tie fighters from the starter set (x2) if you need extra.
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 07:20:55 am »

Thanks, we may need them. I may also have more than I first expected.
colinabrett

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 08:29:08 am »

Adie,

Sandy is interested in joining the campaign. When will you be starting? You say the last week of April but is that the 23rd or the 30th?

Thanks,
Colin
Adrian_Barnes

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 03:51:41 pm »

X-Wing Mission One – Local Trouble (getting everyone used to X-Wing again)

We had five pilots there for the first mission of the campaign. Along with the ships they are flying  and their pilots call sign where it is known.
Rob – Y-Wing piloted by NI-L8
Ash – Hawk 290
Pippa – Y-Wing
Sandy – A-Wing
Adrian – X-Wing piloted by Cavalier

As for the mission there were a couple of discoveries that were made. The most notable three are that Tie interceptors with Evade and Focus are quite hard to kill without similar amounts of modification. That Ash likes to attach his ship to someone else’s and follow it round exactly while killstealing. Finally that the Imperial AI is stupid, still good at what it does but at times it is really thick.

The mission itself was to survive ten turns against initially six tie fighters in two groups of three with reinforcements of two tie interceptors in one group and one other group of three tie fighters. We managed to either kill or damage a ship in every turn except the first one with kills going to four of the pilots.  The two interceptors themselves were killed by Sandy with his A-Wing. Finally Ash had to withdraw near the end as his Hawk was on one hitpoint at the time.

In total the group earned 27 experience which was split into five each with two left over for latecomers or splitting later.

The Mission chains we are going to be doing are Capture Officer, Chasing Phantoms and Refuelling Station.

The next mission will be the first one from the Capture Officer chain.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: