Peterborough Wargames Club
December 14, 2018, 12:42:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2 All Day Game - 18 Feb 2018  (Read 1185 times)
Gary Martin
Administrator

« on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:53 pm »

As discussed at the AGM, I am organising a large WW2 Bolt Action game which will be German v Soviets. This will involve a number of joined 6 x 6 tables dependant on numbers. Each participant will command a Battlegroup of either side of arround 1500 - 2000 pts roughly. Battlegroups will be dependant on peoples figures/models more than  exact pts.
I have plenty of 28mm Germans and soviets to probably do 4 battle groups + so its not a problem if anyone doesn’t have there own or need a few extra bits to make up a reasonable size BG. The scenario will be objective based with a mix of attack and defence tables for each side.
We can use the big game rules in the 2nd edition book with each player having there own coloured dice. If enough players are interested we can further break this down by using both square and round edged sets. This shouldn’t be a problem given the amount of dice. 3 or 4 dice will be drawn at a time to speed up play all be it pulled one at a time, so that where it matters, we can identify who goes first. We will need a lot of BA dice and I will prepare a process for ensuring everyone gets their dice sets back post game.
What I need to know reasonably quick is who is interested and what painted figures / models people have. Even better if you can give a rough points value of your BG. This will allow me to work out how big the table is, face off opponents and prepare a briefing for each overall CinC. Although each player will face off another, more or less, this will be a continuous table so nothing to stop players interfering with adjacent areas. It will mean that certain rules such as out flanking will not apply. I intend to play and will adjudicate on scenario/list queries and ask Rob to do the same in respect of rules. Apologies for the rambling nature of the above but time is f the essence and I wanted to get the ball rolling. Please feel free to add any ideas you have as nothing is written in stone. All communication through this event post please. If you have both sides or wish to borrow a BG please indicate your preference of side. When I know what people have I will work out the scenario.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:31 pm »

Well, I'm in. I've got somewhere in the region of 2500ish points of Soviets, mostly infantry, and plenty of spare order dice.

Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish
Godbold

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:30 pm »

Hello Gary, definitely interested although I would need to use some figures as I only have early British.
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:43 am »

Hello Gary, definitely interested although I would need to use some figures as I only have early British.
Kevin no problem. German or Soviet?

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Godbold

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:24:04 pm »

German please Gary.Cheers.
tony

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 07:26:27 pm »

I'm in got around 1300pts with armour
Andy Miller

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 03:21:28 pm »

I'm in and free on the day  Grin
Germans please and I can make the points total.
Andy

Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 08:08:50 pm »

Can everyone looking to play send me an army list of what you have. I will put lists together for those without armies. And draft the scenario. Thanks

Gary Martin

Shawn Comer

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 10:42:32 pm »

Gary, I think I'm actually going to be unable to make it as I'm most likely going to be out of town that weekend. If anything changes, I'll let you know.
martink0646

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 07:21:58 pm »

Hi Gary,

Count me in. I've got 2-3,000 points of German that I'm happy to bring along for anyone to use inc. around 100 figs (various standards of painting) a Jagdtiger, an 88mm, 38(T)'s. a Marder III, a Puma, a Panzer IV, trucks etc.

MartinK

Bolt Action: US & German
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 10:56:02 am »

So the scenario will be Kursk July 1943 so army lists need to be mid war ish, so no King Tigers, T34/85 or JS II etc. Mainly T34(76), Pzr IV, some panthers and a few Tigers, all models/figures to be painted. Hope to get some good photos for the facebook page. Soviet 5th Guards Tank Army, the last reserves available are committed to try and stop the advance of the II SS Panzer Corps.
There will be 4 or 5 6x4 tables joined with the village of Prokhorovka on one flank. This table will be infantry based lists. Most of the other tables will be armoured platoons. When I have the final lists I can allocate the tables. Lists need to be maximised to meet points but minimise dice numbers. Each player will have different coloured dice and 4 will be pulled at once and issued in order. As soon as the dice is received the player needs to conduct his move having already decided what that will be. As the die is drawn a player can ask for extra if they are implementing the  officer rule. If the next die drawn conflicts with the previous then the die will be held by the player until the first die move is complete. It is hoped to keep things moving along so dice will be drawn asp as previous moves complete.
Players are not limited to the table they are on but can influence flanking tables if directed. One player on each side will be overall commander and have a senior officer in there list.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:03:06 am by Gary Martin » Logged

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 10:59:37 am »

Well, I'm in. I've got somewhere in the region of 2500ish points of Soviets, mostly infantry, and plenty of spare order dice.
Rob
You will be on the Prokhorovka table with a infantry platoon(s). All sections to be max strength to minimise dice numbers. If you need an extra vehicle or two let me know. Need your list so that I can ensure it is equitable with your opponent.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:04:38 am by Gary Martin » Logged

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:00 am »

Hi Gary,

Count me in. I've got 2-3,000 points of German that I'm happy to bring along for anyone to use inc. around 100 figs (various standards of painting) a Jagdtiger, an 88mm, 38(T)'s. a Marder III, a Puma, a Panzer IV, trucks etc.

MartinK
Martin you will be facing Rob on the Prokhorovka table with an Infantry Platoon(s) list. The Marder, Panzer IV and 88 will be good support. If you need some other vehicles let me know. Let me have your list when done.

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 11:10:19 am »

Kevin
You will have a large Soviet Tank list which I will put together for you and let you have it.

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 11:12:16 am »

I'm in got around 1300pts with armour
Tony you will be soviet Tank List Let me know what your list is and I can bump you up with some extra to make up the points

Gary Martin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: