Peterborough Wargames Club
January 16, 2018, 03:38:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2 All Day Game - 18 Feb 2018  (Read 44 times)
Gary Martin
Administrator

« on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:53 pm »

As discussed at the AGM, I am organising a large WW2 Bolt Action game which will be German v Soviets. This will involve a number of joined 6 x 6 tables dependant on numbers. Each participant will command a Battlegroup of either side of arround 1500 - 2000 pts roughly. Battlegroups will be dependant on peoples figures/models more than  exact pts.
I have plenty of 28mm Germans and soviets to probably do 4 battle groups + so its not a problem if anyone doesn’t have there own or need a few extra bits to make up a reasonable size BG. The scenario will be objective based with a mix of attack and defence tables for each side.
We can use the big game rules in the 2nd edition book with each player having there own coloured dice. If enough players are interested we can further break this down by using both square and round edged sets. This shouldn’t be a problem given the amount of dice. 3 or 4 dice will be drawn at a time to speed up play all be it pulled one at a time, so that where it matters, we can identify who goes first. We will need a lot of BA dice and I will prepare a process for ensuring everyone gets their dice sets back post game.
What I need to know reasonably quick is who is interested and what painted figures / models people have. Even better if you can give a rough points value of your BG. This will allow me to work out how big the table is, face off opponents and prepare a briefing for each overall CinC. Although each player will face off another, more or less, this will be a continuous table so nothing to stop players interfering with adjacent areas. It will mean that certain rules such as out flanking will not apply. I intend to play and will adjudicate on scenario/list queries and ask Rob to do the same in respect of rules. Apologies for the rambling nature of the above but time is f the essence and I wanted to get the ball rolling. Please feel free to add any ideas you have as nothing is written in stone. All communication through this event post please. If you have both sides or wish to borrow a BG please indicate your preference of side. When I know what people have I will work out the scenario.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:31 pm »

Well, I'm in. I've got somewhere in the region of 2500ish points of Soviets, mostly infantry, and plenty of spare order dice.

Current games (and armies) played: Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion
Godbold

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:30 pm »

Hello Gary, definitely interested although I would need to use some figures as I only have early British.
Gary Martin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:43 am »

Hello Gary, definitely interested although I would need to use some figures as I only have early British.
Kevin no problem. German or Soviet?

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Godbold

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:24:04 pm »

German please Gary.Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: