Peterborough Wargames Club
May 24, 2018, 09:00:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 8TH JAN 2018  (Read 212 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: December 04, 2017, 10:05:16 am »

Notice is hereby given that the 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held at the St John Ambulance hall on Monday January 8th at 8pm. THERE WILL BE NO GAMING ON THIS EVENING, and as is customary there will be no subs charged. We would encourage you to attend as this is your opportunity to affect how the club is run.

All submissions for Agenda items should be made to Mike Whitaker by 2pm on January 9th.

Nominations are now open for all positions on the committee.

If you wish to be nominated for any position (subject to meeting the required criteria as stated in the Club Rules), or you have any items you wish to add to the agenda please post below or email any of the committee.

DRAFT AGENDA

Apologies
    Approval of 2017 AGM minutes
    Chairman's Report
    Treasurer's Report
    Election of Officers
    Hereward Wargames Show
    Campaigns and Internal All Day Events
    External Events
    AOB

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 03:23:08 pm »

Re Election of Officers:

Reuben has decided to stand down as secretary: he says "I feel that I have served on the committee for a long enough stint and that with all that is coming up PE2 wise in the next 12 months I need to divest myself of some responsibilities." Obviously we'll miss his input (though he will continue to help with the running of the show), but that does mean there's at least one definite vacancy on the committee this year.

The role entails, for the most part, attending committee meetings, taking minutes at AGM and EGM's, booking the Xmas dinner, plus being a backup for opening the venue when the chairman isn't available (thus it would help if you typically arriver nearer 7 than Cool, and a counter signatory to cheques. In short, it's not that onerous, and is a definite opportunity for someone new to join the committee.

In addition, obviously, we will be electing for the other roles: Chairman, Treasurer, and one or two members reps. If you wish to stand, please arrange for a proposer and seconder (can be done on the day!).

To stand for any role you will need to have attended at least half the meetings in 2017 - Ash will be producing a list of who is eligible (and who is eligible to vote) before the AGM.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:24:47 pm by Mike Whitaker » Logged

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
AndyHawes

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 03:57:38 pm »

Just confirming my apologies for the AGM - as my wife is working that evening, I have to do childcare. Sorry about that!

WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: