Peterborough Wargames Club
December 14, 2017, 02:14:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Sealion Bolt Action Tournament - December 10th 2017  (Read 385 times)
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« on: September 17, 2017, 08:38:52 pm »

Right then, Reuben and I have been talking about this for a while and I've finally got around to writing up the first draft of the tournament pack. Have a look, let me know what you think and point out where I've inevitably missed something.

Note that the scenario pack isn't written yet, mostly because I haven't quite decided on exactly which ones we'll be using (I have a shortlist) but also because it's going to be a lot of work. Huh?

Who's interested?

* Operation Sealion - Tournament Rules Pack.pdf (36.45 KB - downloaded 53 times.)

Current games (and armies) played: Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:48:17 am »

OK, well since nobody apparently has any objections I guess we should go ahead with this. Mike, can you get the tickets up on the site (since you seem to be the only one who can figure out how to link them to the event details properly). I'll write some blurb once the page is there.

Still working on the scenario pack. I'm glad I waited to get a copy of Gigant before making a final decision though, since "The Battle for the Great North Road" has to go in there. Do we have something suitable to represent the A1 in 1940?

Current games (and armies) played: Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:03:25 pm »

OK, well since nobody apparently has any objections I guess we should go ahead with this. Mike, can you get the tickets up on the site (since you seem to be the only one who can figure out how to link them to the event details properly). I'll write some blurb once the page is there.

Still working on the scenario pack. I'm glad I waited to get a copy of Gigant before making a final decision though, since "The Battle for the Great North Road" has to go in there. Do we have something suitable to represent the A1 in 1940?

Will do, but might not be today.

And I have some long flexible roads that might do.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Grahame

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 03:04:16 pm »

Rob - just to confirm that I'll be French - prefer to be allies but will turn vichy if necessary. I have tarmac roads that will do for the A1 - I assume we are playing on  6x4 tables and I have enough to do the length of one table. You can get the tarmacstuff on a roll from the model railway shop in fengate - I got a 4x2 roll for less than a fiver and that can make a lot of road - it does need to be stuck to something for rigidity and I used hardboard.
Grahame
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:24:08 pm »

Well, based on the last couple of years we've had a shortage of allied players on the day so I think you'll be fine.

Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »

http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/tc-events/operation-sealion-bolt-action-tournament/

Have at, Rob Cheesy (feel free to add a post + any more detail)

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 08:13:06 pm »

Added a bit of text, if only to point out that this is our fourth event and Mike can't count. Tongue

Also added this to the Warlord forums. Reuben, over to you.

Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 08:46:30 pm »

i did check, but I couldn't find a thread or reference for 2014 Cheesy

Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:46 pm »

Well, I've got three trophies at home already as evidence if it helps. Grin

Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 12:24:44 am »

First draft of the scenario pack, feedback requested. What do you think of the scenarios? Is the mix right? Are the rules clear enough? Anything else you can think of?

I'll sort out the layout once the contents are finalised.

* Operation Sealion - Scenario Pack.pdf (46.35 KB - downloaded 19 times.)

Grahame

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 02:59:35 pm »

Excellent scenarios chosen. We're going to need a lot of terrain for these tables and I'm all in favour of a crowded table for Bolt Action.
Grahame
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 03:53:31 pm »

If I can get the warp out of the Omaha beach boards (minor design fail!) you can use them for scenario 1.

martink0646

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:57:20 pm »

Hi Guys,

What e-mail address do you want the lists sent to?  Looling forward to the day Smiley

MartinK

Bolt Action: US & German
Reuben Turner
Club Secretary
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 10:56:00 am »

If you want to play in this tournament and haven't purchased a ticket yet please do so via the club website or PM your details and give me £10 at a Monday Night Games between now and the 10th!

Ta.

Lots of lovely new and pre-loved minis in my eBay shop:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pe2collectables

Or visit my website www.pe2collectables.co.uk

I can now supply club members (and their friends, and their friend's friends....) with new products from games and ranges such as Army Painter, Conquest Games, Early War Miniatures, Fireforge Games, Guildball, Mantic, Perry Miniatures, Rubicon, Vallejo, Victrix and of course Warlord Games.
martink0646

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 08:30:37 pm »

Hi Guys,

Who wants the lists.  You put a deadline of the 24th in the pack but I couldn't see an e-mail address.

MartinK

Bolt Action: US & German
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: