Peterborough Wargames Club
December 14, 2017, 02:13:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenario 3 - July 31 2017 (Aug 29 1944)  (Read 96 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: July 31, 2017, 10:44:50 am »

Apologies for the delay in getting this out: no excuse bar far too much on and being *completely* shattered on Saturday. I am working on dumping at least one musical commitment sooner rather than later Cheesy

This WILL NOT be the continuation of the San Matteo battle. Instead, you're off to the west, with B Company of the Herewards up against 5 Kompanie of the 741st.

Gary - if your companies from the other Sunday are still labelled and you feel like bringing them that would be wonderful Cheesy

I'm not going to force you, but I think it might perhaps be fun if different people were the COs for this scenario.

I'm aiming to get in around 6:30 to set up.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Gary Martin

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »

Mike
No problem I will bring the German force. Happy for either Tom or Andy to take the reins.
Gary

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 02:22:59 pm »

Cheesy Could you bring 5 Company for the Brits as well., please?

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Gary Martin

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:11 pm »

Cheesy Could you bring 5 Company for the Brits as well., please?

is that b company

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:21:25 am »

(catching up)

A winning draw for the Germans. The British have a somewhat shaky hold on the grassy knoll on the western edge of the valley, which doesn't really compensate for the loss of a Firefly and 12 Platoon's CO.

Scenario 5 will be an hour or two later, with the British second attempt to take the valley.

(I'll write up both this and scenario 4 (yesterdays) this week).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: