Peterborough Wargames Club
September 23, 2017, 10:03:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAB 1.5 Day November 12  (Read 191 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: June 24, 2017, 10:04:10 pm »

http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/tc-events/wab-day-2017/

Admission £10 - you'll need an Age of Arthur or Fall Of The West army.

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
AndyHawes

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:54:17 pm »

Just to be aware, Fall of the West is not yet confirmed as it needs a bit of tweaking to remove the silly choices and to bring it more in line with the style of Age of Arthur.

WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP
Andy Mellor

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:13:22 pm »

I'll put my huns back in the box then!  Cry
tony

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 05:40:33 am »

lol I was looking at fall of the west Huns too,started painting mine
AndyHawes

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 08:56:55 pm »

This event is now Age of Arthur only.  Grin

WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP
Grahame

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »

I see you've put some some stuff on the WAB facebook group - can it be posted on here please as well.
Ta
Grahame
Carl Fisher
Ex Club Treasurer
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 11:26:24 am »

Andy

Can you include copies of the latest FAQ and Errata in the Event Pack, when you distribute it, as I appear to have lost my copies (and I am sure many others have too) since I started to use WAB 2.

Also if I remember correctly the 1.5 rule book was just an update of the 1.0 and for those who only have the 1.0 book there was a PDF update available, am I correct?

Finally - as per your previous WAB events - will there be additional house rules?

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
AndyHawes

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »

Ok, bit of an update on the WAB day.

We have secured sponsorship from the wonderful Footsore Miniatures, who will be providing us with a pre-event discount code in the next few days for 15% off any last minute reinforcements that players might need. They will also be providing us with a special 'WAB Day Figure' which will be a hero from one of their packs - all players attending get one of these. They will also be providing prizes for the event - once I've worked out what those will be!!

Fabulous news, I'm sure you'll agree!

Regarding all the queries ref errata etc, I will ensure that those are available here. They are already available on the WAB Facebook group for those who do that, but I will transfer them here too over the next couple of weeks.

The event will be map based, with players grouped into factions. The idea will be to gain land and wealth by winning battles and winning them big! The bigger the win, the more likely you are to gain lands and wealth.

All games will be scenario based - some from the Age of Arthur and some from my archives of scenarios.

You need a 1500pt army from the Age of Arthur supplement. Proxy figures are fine as long as they aren't too far out of place, e.g. Byzantines are ok; Later Saxons are ok; Celts are ok. Just make clear to your opponents what they are masquerading as! Ask me first if you're wanting to proxy but aren't sure if your figs will work.

More in the next couple of weeks.

Tom G

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 06:54:11 pm »

That sounds great. I love footsore and a lot of my picts are their's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: