Peterborough Wargames Club
November 22, 2017, 06:17:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAGA Iron Man - July 16  (Read 232 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: June 13, 2017, 08:10:10 am »

A SAGA Iron Man day, run by the excellent Richard Keenan from Gripping Beast. Admission £10 (covers prize support). Don't need any figures, everything supplied.

http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/tc-events/saga_ironman/

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
tony

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:00:52 pm »

I know we have a few who play saga and or interested in dark ages!
Come on sign up ,or we will have to ring Richard up and cancel
Reuben Turner
Club Secretary
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:28:10 am »

I've created a Facebook event in the Club's FB Group and whored it around a bit.

Lots of lovely new and pre-loved minis in my eBay shop:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pe2collectables

Or visit my website www.pe2collectables.co.uk

I can now supply club members (and their friends, and their friend's friends....) with new products from games and ranges such as Army Painter, Conquest Games, Early War Miniatures, Fireforge Games, Guildball, Mantic, Perry Miniatures, Rubicon, Vallejo, Victrix and of course Warlord Games.
Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 02:27:29 pm »

We are a probable, I'm just awaiting confirmation free that day. I am by no means skilled at Saga but it sounds like a fun format!
Carl Fisher
Ex Club Treasurer
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 03:17:19 pm »

I too have signed up -  so looking for practice!

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
tony

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 06:35:20 pm »

Carl, how can we see how many tickets are sold or left ....
Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 08:38:23 pm »

Tony, the new store doesn't make it easy but you can see how many tickets are left by going to http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/product/saga_iron_man_entry. As far as I can tell, Carl's the only person to buy one so far.

Current games (and armies) played: Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion
tony

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 07:16:52 am »

Cheers Rob, just so I can keep an eye on the numbers
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 09:18:34 am »

Cheers Rob, just so I can keep an eye on the numbers
I suggest the Big Stick Of Reminding People They Said They Were Coming Cheesy

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Direworf Rampant. SW: IA. SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:09 am »

I don't think we've signed up for anything for next couple of weeks if you wanted to play saga either.
Carl Fisher
Ex Club Treasurer
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 06:51:35 pm »

I don't think we've signed up for anything for next couple of weeks if you wanted to play saga either.

Are you free on Monday 26?

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!
Pippa Peile
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:09:35 pm »

Are you free on Monday 26?
yes will bring our saga stuff! Obviously if anone else wants to join in we'll be an odd number but otherwise I don't mind just watching.
tony

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 09:23:02 pm »

So this has now been cancelled due to lack of numbers and Richard said we can re book later in the year. But I doubt it
Carl Fisher
Ex Club Treasurer
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 07:51:25 am »

So this has now been cancelled due to lack of numbers and Richard said we can re book later in the year. But I doubt it

Mike - can you take it down before a second person signs up?

Rob Farley
Administrator
Forum Deity

In da beginning was da word and da word was WAAAGH

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:33 am »

Too late. We've sold more tickets since the event was cancelled than when we were actually looking for players. Roll Eyes

4 refunds needed.

Current games (and armies) played: Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: House Uller of Hellholt plus associated scenery, the Blaine Legion
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: