Peterborough Wargames Club
July 26, 2017, 02:38:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Partizan - Sunday May 21st 2017  (Read 344 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: March 18, 2017, 03:04:45 pm »

We've been invited to put on a game, and they'd like details ASAP Cheesy

Anyone any plans/thoughts?

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games Played: WAC, Hail Caesar, Black Powder, IABSM, Chain of Command, Dux Britanniarum, Judge Dredd, Dreadball, Sails of Glory
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »

After a brief and productive discussion at the club on Monday:

We'll be putting on a participation game of Open Combat using Colin's figures and amendments to the rules for the Border Reiver campaign. To that end we've bought some scenery off Timeline, which will do well for the campaign as well.

Games Played: WAC, Hail Caesar, Black Powder, IABSM, Chain of Command, Dux Britanniarum, Judge Dredd, Dreadball, Sails of Glory
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

colinabrett

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 04:11:18 pm »

Hi,

As I mentioned last Monday, I have drafted a scenario for Partizan and attached a couple of PDFs to this post.

I've chosen lesser-known surnames from the English and Scottish East Marches (as this area is closer to my neck of the woods) and arbitrarily set up feuds between the surnames. There are two principal objectives: loot the farm and kill/capture the opposing family members. Counters for insight and livestock have been prepared ready for Monday 10th April.

Any feedback would be most welcome. I hope this is OK.

Colin

* map.pdf (58.89 KB - downloaded 13 times.)
* partizan_scenario.pdf (34.03 KB - downloaded 12 times.)
colinabrett

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:08:38 am »

Hi Mike,

Further to our play test on 17th April, please find attached a PDF draft of the Roster and QR sheet. It needs to be tweaked to each family name and the club's logo should be added. Is this acceptable?

Regards,
Colin

* partizan_roster_qr.pdf (167.08 KB - downloaded 7 times.)
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:18:05 am »

Very nice - the one thing I might suggest is re-typesetting the QRS table to match everything else - you should be able to change some of the more wordy columns, e.g

ATK <= DEF
ATK > DEF
ATK > DEF*2

and clean up the results table (you should be able to lose the explanation of things, replace Minor Hit with "-1 FOR", Soldi with "-1 FOR, Force Back", etc).

Club logo is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7hnz9h8b5n4nbk/new%20logo.png?dl=0

colinabrett

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:13 am »

Hi Mike,

I hope this reaches you before you depart to exotic locations  Smiley

Here is a revised QR and roster sheet. I've had to drop the font size a bit but I think it's still legible. Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Colin

* partizan_roster_qr.pdf (151.65 KB - downloaded 14 times.)
Mike Whitaker
Administrator
Forum Deity

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:38:04 am »

Now at the incredibly nit-picky stage Cheesy

- Swap skills and hand-to-hand boxes, then all the skills can be in one vertical column
- above may leave a bit more space for a bigger logo Cheesy, also add open combat logo?
- center roster box
- shift title right a smudge

Otherwise, looks awesome.

colinabrett

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 11:05:07 am »

I'll have them ready for Monday's test run.
Colin
colinabrett

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 10:51:16 am »

Hi Mike,

Attached are the four PDFs of the roster and QR sheets. My printer doesn't do borderless printing, so I'm hoping you have better luck (mine shaved the extreme left edge off the printouts). I've added the morale rules, Leader re-roll tracker and the rule for additional hits, which says

Additional Hits: All dice may count

It says "may" because that's how the rule is specified in Open Combat (p.17). This way a player could roll a 5, 4, 1 and apply the minor hit (-1 FOR) and force back but ignore the roll of 1 (terrible miss). Depending on situation, it could be that applying a force back result would be preferable to scoring a wound (e.g. if the force back would result in a fall from a high point). I hope this is clear enough for a QR sheet.

Regards,
Colin

* partizan_roster_qr_cranstons.pdf (180.37 KB - downloaded 5 times.)
* partizan_roster_qr_dixons.pdf (180.9 KB - downloaded 2 times.)
* partizan_roster_qr_grays.pdf (180.83 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
* partizan_roster_qr_selbys.pdf (180.44 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
colinabrett

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 05:57:36 am »

Hi Mike,

I noticed one slight omission from the files I sent. The original Leader re-rolls line read:

Leader: Allows three re-rolls of any dice during the game

Attached are corrected versions where the line now reads

Leader: Allows three re-rolls of any dice rolls during the game

A minor change but I think necessary.

Regards,
Colin

* partizan_roster_qr_cranstons.pdf (180.38 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
* partizan_roster_qr_dixons.pdf (180.9 KB - downloaded 4 times.)
* partizan_roster_qr_grays.pdf (180.84 KB - downloaded 4 times.)
* partizan_roster_qr_selbys.pdf (180.44 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
colinabrett

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 11:59:08 am »

Hi Mike and Reuben,

Thanks for the advice regarding roof tiles. However, I decided to go old school for the Bastle House roof. Attached is a photo of what I've got so far.

Hope this is OK,
Colin

* 20170513_124518.jpg (2811.88 KB, 4128x2322 - viewed 13 times.)
Tom G

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 07:56:35 pm »

I like the roof Colin it looks really good and rustic like some peasant knocked it together with hand tools.

What are the tiles made out of, where did yo get it from and and where did you get the A-Frames?
colinabrett

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 09:19:51 pm »

I like the roof Colin it looks really good and rustic like some peasant knocked it together with hand tools.

What are the tiles made out of, where did yo get it from and and where did you get the A-Frames?

It was either knocked together with hand tools or, more likely, built and rebuilt after being burnt down a few times :-)

The tiles are just cardboard squares I cut out by hand ... sore fingers! There was some engraving on the roof to begin with but it looked too "neat" for my liking. I'll paint the tiles slate grey and maybe add some flock to look like moss or lichen. The A-frames were built into the model.

Colin
Tom G

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 05:10:02 pm »

It was either knocked together with hand tools or, more likely, built and rebuilt after being burnt down a few times :-)

The tiles are just cardboard squares I cut out by hand ... sore fingers! There was some engraving on the roof to begin with but it looked too "neat" for my liking. I'll paint the tiles slate grey and maybe add some flock to look like moss or lichen. The A-frames were built into the model.

Colin

Thanks mate.
colinabrett

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 06:13:18 pm »

And here's the (almost) finished Bastle House roof. It needs a few tweaks, I think, but is otherwise OK.

Colin

* 20170514_190757.jpg (2782.62 KB, 4128x2322 - viewed 11 times.)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: