Peterborough Wargames Club
March 25, 2017, 01:28:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Home   FORUM MAIN   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre/post campaign stages  (Read 36 times)
Mike Whitaker
Chairman and Chief Schmoozer
Administrator
Forum Deity

« on: March 06, 2017, 01:14:07 pm »

Before each scenario, I'll do what I've done this time - post the brief, the orbats and the support choices you can ask battalion HQ for.

At the end of the battle, please note down kills on each section/damage to each vehicle before you pick them up and put them away, as well as on sections that break and flee or are reduced to zero actions. Kills are not necessarily dead - there's a decent chance they'll either miss the next game or be patched up and return to duty anyway, but you will want to remember that this is a campaign!

Note that you will not necessarily be using the same company on two consecutive battles, depending on the flow of the campaign. You will also be allowed to call on replacements sometimes - details of that will be revealed to each faction separately.

The other thing that gets tracked post-action is the Battalion CO's and your men's opinion of your Company CO: depending on results this can go up or down and will affect things like how many support points you get, extra cards in the deck, your forces status (Regular/Veteran/Elite). Some of this will be based on tables like that in the Sharp End campaign supplement for COC, some I'll rule on as the umpire.

P.S. Obviously, do remember the officer killed roll when he's attached to a section that takes kills - d10 <= number of kills and you lose the officer.

P.P.S. There are probably bonuses of some sort available if you maintain an in character Battalion War Diary for publication. I'll be writing a battle report for each game.

P.P.P.S. Obviously supports available will vary from scenario to scenario, but there is a finite limit to them, so (for example) if you get a bunch of tanks destroyed don't expect their replacements to be instantaneous.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:16:24 pm by Mike Whitaker » Logged

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: http://meeples.wordpress.com/
Games Played: WAC, Hail Caesar, Black Powder, IABSM, Chain of Command, Dux Britanniarum, Judge Dredd, Dreadball, Sails of Glory
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 18mm French & British Napoleonics; 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: