• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

February 28, 2021, 07:22:25 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

IABSM Campaign

Started by Mike Whitaker, December 19, 2016, 01:51:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

December 19, 2016, 01:51:17 pm Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:03:06 am by Mike Whitaker
I'll be running this, probably starting second or third Monday in Feb.

"29 Let's Go (Large)"

A rework of the Chain of Command scenario pack for IABSM. More command choice (it's not just a ladder campaign), but probably slightly smaller battles.
29, Let's Go! is an Abbreviated Full Map Campaign which uses five rungs. The Germans are in no state to launch a serious counter?attack, so this campaign centres on the attempts of the US 175th Infantry Regiment to drive down the main Bayeux to Carentan highway in order to seize the bridge at Isigny.

It's a company + support (tanks for the US, mostly) a side, with some inter-game book keeping and decision making to be done. Essentially it'll handle 3-4 a side max if folks are OK running a platoon each.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Carl Fisher

Well it would interest me.

Especially since everything is provided!

I just need to turn up and play - gamer Heaven!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Gary Martin

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Pippa Peile

Mike Whitaker

Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Andy Miller

Me too please. I have 15mm Panzer Lehr that might double as FJ to save painting.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Andy Mellor

If there is a spare place I'd like to join please?

Mike Whitaker

March 02, 2017, 01:53:35 pm #7 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:17:08 pm by Mike Whitaker
Ok. So: as best I have it the interested parties are:

Ash, Pippa, Carl, AndyM, AndyM2, AndyB, Gary, TomG

If I missed you, please holler.

There has been a *slight* change of plan, since after a bunch of digging through the 29 Let's Go campaign I'm not as happy with it as I was, so, after some reading and prep work on Tuesday and Wednesday....

The campaign will be a narrative one set in the late summer of '44 near the Adriatic coast of Italy, in a mildly fictitious area that might well look quite a bit like San Marino, featuring the British vs the Germans (Carl is probably cheering now).

Most of the battles will be at company strength, which means with the usual clutch of players you'll either get a platoon or a tank troop: it's possible we may, later in the year, run two smaller encounters on the same night (once I've ordered a second card deck!). No commitment to play every game, it'll be easy enough to share what forces there are amongst whoever can make it.

In general on campaign nights I'll be opening up a little early (about 6:30-6:45) when I can, so I can make sure we're all set up and ready to roll preferably well before 8 so we can get deployment and initial blinds moves started. Anyone who wants to lend a hand with setup, feel free to turn up by 7 :D

So: first questions then: anyone any preferences for which side? As I said, no commitment to play every game but I'd like you to pick. Carl has volunteered (given his expertise with 2" mortars and smoke) to command the British: anyone up for running the Germans?

I'm aiming to get the first scenario details up by the end of Friday so you have time to think about it - there will (if I can figure it out) be a small private forum group for each side that I can post stuff on.

Andy Miller

Happy to play as germans, not bothered about commanding.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Pippa Peile

We are both happy to fit in on whatever side needs the numbers, also don't mind if on same team or opposing!
Definitely would not be any good at commanding (nowhere near enough experience) but very willing to take orders  :)

Mike Whitaker

I'm going to make an arbitrary decision (based on prior preferences to a degree) on Saturday evening for anyone who hasn't expressed a preference, just so I can get the briefings up in the private sub forums.

Tom G

Would prefer to be Germans can command if needed although not bothered if someone else wants it.

Gary Martin

March 03, 2017, 08:52:24 pm #12 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:54:23 pm by Gary Martin
Happy to do Germans and take command. Put my 2 week staff course to good use. However good to do as directed.
I have another deck and 15mm stuff if needed.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Andy Miller

Mike, I have a stack of german 15mm if needed too.
Andy

Mike Whitaker

So, arbitrarily, then:

British: Carl (CO), Ash, Pippa, AndyB
German: Gary (CO), AndyM, Tom, AndyM2