• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

February 23, 2020, 05:36:17 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Pippa Peile on September 22, 2017, 09:53:36 pm
Are we going to have to start checking with our opponent before each game if they've read the books or if they've watched the tv show and where they're up to on either, just so we know what we can talk about!

Probably :D :D :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 22, 2017, 04:38:36 pm
And since the books and the TV diverge, those of us just following the books are also well off the plot!

Are we going to have to start checking with our opponent before each game if they've read the books or if they've watched the tv show and where they're up to on either, just so we know what we can talk about!

Not me, I don't worry about spoilers.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

GofT plot is complicated, we've managed to bring that to a whole new level!!!!! 
Pippa attacking Boltons due to a battle, only fought in the books, whilst Roose supporting Rob, I'm playing boltons after I've done away with Rob and allied to a dead Tywin. Mike coming south to take Winterfell from Ramsey who doesn't command anything yet!!!!
It's going to be good, cheers Rob.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 23, 2017, 09:14:03 am
Mike coming south to take Winterfell from Ramsey who doesn't command anything yet!!!!

You think :D
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 22, 2017, 10:32:08 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 22, 2017, 04:38:36 pm
And since the books and the TV diverge, those of us just following the books are also well off the plot!

Not me, I don't worry about spoilers.

Don't worry about hearing them, or don't worry about speaking them? ;D
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andrew Beer

Yara - Iron Islands for me.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andrew Beer on September 24, 2017, 08:59:08 pm
Yara - Iron Islands for me.

Last I heard you were representing Dorne. List updated accordingly. ??? ::)
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Rob Farley

P.S. As I sit here, hurriedly painting red and yellow flames onto some spare bases, I thought I'd just remind people that you'll need your house tokens tomorrow. ;D

Andrew Beer

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 24, 2017, 10:18:42 pm
P.S. As I sit here, hurriedly painting red and yellow flames onto some spare bases, I thought I'd just remind people that you'll need your house tokens tomorrow. ;D

Mike? Did you manage something, or do I need to sort myself out?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

September 25, 2017, 11:09:15 am #175 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:53:11 pm by Mike Whitaker
Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 25, 2017, 08:44:16 am
Quote from: Rob Farley on September 24, 2017, 10:18:42 pm

Mike? Did you manage something, or do I need to sort myself out?

I have all the files for all the factions except Rob: will print after work - hopefully they'll all print, a couple haven't been tested :D (what the HECK was House Tarbeck's herald THINKING?????)

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andrew Beer on September 25, 2017, 07:41:16 am
???? what house tokens?

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 05, 2017, 12:03:32 am
Also, remember that you'll all need some tokens to mark your position and victories on the map. Something reasonably distinctive would be good.

It's all covered in the campaign rules.

Andy Mellor

I've sorted by own tokens, can't do with pink!!!! Cheers Mike

Rob Farley

Kevin has now joined the campaign, playing as House Baratheon. So appropriately enough for the story, Stannis has finally stopped brooding on Dragonstone and set out his own claim for the throne.

Andy, as Matt isn't responding to communications do you want to arrange your first round game with Kevin? I'll leave the two of you to sort it out.

AndyHawes

Sorry I've been off-radar for a while. Combination of circumstances. Wife is working this week so will have to try to sort out my game for next week, all being well. Life is rather busy at the moment over here... :-\
WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP