• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

July 13, 2020, 03:45:44 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Phillips

Patrek Mallister is leading House Mallister's force.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 19, 2017, 03:32:35 pm
I'd be more than happy to entertain and feed small parties of Night Watch on the Lord Commanders business.

However, braking the oath; "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post", means they are due for the chop and maybe a bit of skining!

Of course, if House Bolton wish to prioritise that over the continued safety of the North, that is its prerogative. It will, however, have to excuse me if I have slightly higher goals.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Andy Mellor

House Bolton will obviously support the night watch in its continued defence of the wall, but if the Lord Commander has desires for "Crown and Glory" then it's the duty of the Northern Lords to see him replaced!!!!!
Question, I like the night watch but I also like house Bolton? But which ones better, there's only one way to find out FIGHT!!!!!   :D

Rob Farley

Updated army lists attached. Night's Watch cavalry have been changed as Mike mentioned. Plus warhounds added to the North, you don't have to use them if you don't want to Andy. :D
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andy Mellor

If Roose Bolton dies in battle then some warhounds will be making an appearance as Ramsey takes over!

Shawn Comer

House Harlaw is being led in the field by Ser Harras Harlaw, the Knight of Grey Garden and heir to House Harlaw.

Gary Martin

Tion the Red, Lord of Tarbeck, believed to have been murdered with his mother by the despot Tywin Lannister, in his efforts to exterminate the house in 261AC. Tion, but a babe was whisked to safety by his mother along with the family fortune, through hidden tunnels as Tarbeck Manor was burnt to the ground.
Arriving in Bravos, across the Narrow Sea, Lady Tarbeck created a new life.Tion grew up a great warrior, travelling the many nations, garnering a reputation as a skilled warrior and commander.
Building up a considerable fortune, with the death of King Robert , has returned to the Westerlands, revealed his true identity, and captured the area of Tarbeck Hall. With the help of his veteran retainers he has secured his position, and begun the rebuild of his castle.
Assisted by his reputation, the revelations as to the true heritage of King Joffery, and vicicious dictatorial rule of Tywin Lannister, a number of minor houses have risen in support, of the new Lord Tarbeck, to bring justice and vengeance against the Lannisters of Casterly Rock.
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

AndyHawes

House Arryn's force is represented by the garrison of the Gates of the Moon, so I guess my leader would be Nestor Royce - you can't tell how old he is as his grey beard is concealed in his face-covering helm!!! (or at least it will be once he's painted - currently in the midst of base-coating everything...am a bit behind!!!  ::) )
WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP

Mike Whitaker

In case it wasn't obvious, the contingent of the Night's Watch that is headed South of the Wall is led by Jon Snow. :D
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Gary Martin on September 20, 2017, 09:50:30 pm
Tion the Red, Lord of Tarbeck, believed to have been murdered with his mother by the despot Tywin Lannister, in his efforts to exterminate the house in 261AC. Tion, but a babe was whisked to safety by his mother along with the family fortune, through hidden tunnels as Tarbeck Manor was burnt to the ground.
Arriving in Bravos, across the Narrow Sea, Lady Tarbeck created a new life.Tion grew up a great warrior, travelling the many nations, garnering a reputation as a skilled warrior and commander.
Building up a considerable fortune, with the death of King Robert , has returned to the Westerlands, revealed his true identity, and captured the area of Tarbeck Hall. With the help of his veteran retainers he has secured his position, and begun the rebuild of his castle.
Assisted by his reputation, the revelations as to the true heritage of King Joffery, and vicicious dictatorial rule of Tywin Lannister, a number of minor houses have risen in support, of the new Lord Tarbeck, to bring justice and vengeance against the Lannisters of Casterly Rock.

Ahem, Obviously Tywin will be leading my army  ;D
And since he is arguably one of the great military commanders of his time, he will be "leading" them from the reserve force, commanding from some distance away, off field, while sticking his son in harms way in the vanguard!
Rob if you need me to name a leader who's actually going to get involved in the fighting it will be Kevan
(Actually since my force is Green Fork era I've got more beef with the Boltons than sorting out the last remnant of an annoying but minor house anyway)

Andy Mellor

We all seem to be using armies from throughout the Game of Thrones time period.
Could I ask this be limited to season 1 to 6 please?
As I don't won't any season 7 spoilers!!!!!!!   :-[

Rob Farley

I wouldn't worry about spoilers, some of us are so far off the plot we may as well be in a different book entirely. ::)
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

And since the books and the TV diverge, those of us just following the books are also well off the plot!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

I'm aiming to be only ONE season behind by the end of the weekend :D

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 22, 2017, 04:38:36 pm
And since the books and the TV diverge, those of us just following the books are also well off the plot!

Are we going to have to start checking with our opponent before each game if they've read the books or if they've watched the tv show and where they're up to on either, just so we know what we can talk about!