• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

July 10, 2020, 01:18:15 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Challinor

Hello there,

I was down at the Hereward show yesterday and really enjoyed the old hammer style Dragon Rampant game that you guys put on, been thinking about attending the club for some time. I played as the Elves with Rob in case you can't put a face to the name.

Are there any spaces left to join in on the campaign? I've been putting together a force based around ASoIaF after seeing the stuff on Lead Adventure.

So far I have some House Stark and House Glover stuff put together from fireforge, conquest and gripping beast kits. I'd be up for finishing either off to join in from the 25th onwards (I have 24 points but could add another 6 to bring it up to 30 easily), so if anyone else isn't doing one of those two houses that'd be ace.

Rob Farley

There's definitely room for more, and nobody's playing as Stark or Glover yet so you're more than welcome.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Rob Farley

September 05, 2017, 12:03:32 am #107 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:56:49 pm by Rob Farley
OK, so an updated list of participants, organised by initial affiliation.

Sworn to King Joffrey
Pippa - House Lannister

Sworn to King Renley
Carl - House Tyrell

Sworn to Robb Stark
Matt - House Stark/House Glover
Andy M2 - House Bolton
Andy H - House Arryn
Dan - House Mallister
Ash - House Manderley

Sworn to Balon Greyjoy
Andy B - House Greyjoy
Shawn - House Harlaw

Sworn to Queen Daenerys
Tom - House Targaryen

Currently Neutral/Undeclared
Me - House Uller
Mike - Night's Watch
Grahame - Wildlings
Gary - House Tarbeck

Don't feel bound to stick to these affilations. ;D Also, remember that you'll all need some tokens to mark your position and victories on the map. Something reasonably distinctive would be good.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 05, 2017, 12:03:32 am

Don't feel bound to stick to these affilations. ;D Also, remember that you'll all need some tokens to mark your position and victories on the map. Something reasonably distinctive would be good.

What sort of thing for tokens? Just a bit of card or something mounted on a base or what?

Rob Farley

Something flat and distinctive that can be easily blu-tacked to the map.

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

One for your initial starting position and one per victory, so I suspect some people won't need more than one for the duration of the campaign. :D

Mike Whitaker

September 05, 2017, 02:25:06 pm #112 Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:57:07 pm by Mike Whitaker
Ok - general note for all - find me a suitable image of your forces badge/totem animal and I'll see what I can 3D print :D (No charge, 'cause it's fun).

Useful places to look:

https://www.yeggi.com/q/the+game+of+thrones+sigil/
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2437350
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Rob Farley

Well, if all you want is an image...

Also, to save some time...

;D

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on September 05, 2017, 02:25:06 pm
Ok - general note for all - find me a suitable image of your forces badge/totem animal and I'll see what I can 3D print :D (No charge, 'cause it's fun).

If you were able to do ours that would be lovely!

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Pippa Peile on September 07, 2017, 01:49:50 pm

Um, don't you HAVE a 3D printer??? :D

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on September 07, 2017, 02:43:40 pm
Quote from: Pippa Peile on September 07, 2017, 01:49:50 pm

Um, don't you HAVE a 3D printer??? :D

Ha then you'll have to give him a lesson on how to convert an image to a suitable file to print!

Tom G

Useful places to look:

Thanks Mike either of the house Targaryen with the three headed dragon on either of the links looks great. The second link is more tokeny and maybe easier but whichever one is easier to print for you.

Carl Fisher

Useful places to look:

So the Tyrell Sigil from thingiverse looks good to me - for me!
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Shawn Comer

The scythe Rob posted is perfect for me. Thanks!