• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2019, 03:06:16 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippa Peile

My stuff's mainly Fireforge. Bought them years ago because I liked them and never did much with them. I started painting up as Lannisters last year just to do something with the models so this is the perfect excuse to finish them. Just need to find some clansmen now for the bellicose foot.

Rob Farley

Frostgrave barbarians would make great clansmen. Or wildlings. Or even Night's Watch.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Andy Mellor

Like to join the North, using Normans as Roose Boltons Army of Dreadfort. Loads of cavalry.!!

Gary Martin

Count me in for the Westerlands...
Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Rob Farley

February 07, 2017, 09:38:43 pm #34 Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:59:38 pm by Rob Farley
Ok then, so far we have...

Me - House Uller
Pippa - House Lannister
Ash - House Manderley
Andy H - House Arryn
Mike - Night's Watch
Gary - Westerlands
Andy M2 - House Bolton
Carl - House Tyrell
Grahame - Wildlings
Dan - House Mallister
Tom - House Targaryen
Andy B - Dorne

Anyone else?
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

For variety I shall go for The Reach (House Tyrell).
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

AndyHawes

Ref my choice of Baratheon, I'd rather not do the yellow stag on green of Renly, but prefer the black stag on gold (or black stag on a red flaming heart on gold of Stannis). Just cos I'm sick of painting green on my Wood Elves!!  ;D Hope that's ok...
WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP

Rob Farley

Fine by me, list updated accordingly.

If anybody wants some inspiration as to which house you want to field, check out http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Houses_of_Westeros. It's also good even if you want to field one of the great houses (Lannister, Baratheon etc) as they'd be bound to include knights from other allied houses as sworn swords.

Mike Whitaker

Considering either Saxons for House Stark (I already have the banner) or some Frostgrave soldiers as Night Watch.

When are you planning on starting this?
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Well, I said April unless anyone has any objections. So far, nobody's commented either way.

Carl Fisher

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

AndyHawes

I may (will) not have it painted by then, but happy to start in April. Aiming to have the 24 archer models done by end of the month, which would be a start!!  :D
WAB, Dux Brit, Dux Bell, Hail Caesar: (Caesarian Romans; Late Roman/Byzantine Arthurian Romano-British/Welsh; El Cid Christian Spanish.) 28mm Wild West (lawmen, Texas Rangers); Saga Dark Age Skirmish(Welsh and Normans); Triumph & Tragedy (WW1 Palestine & Colonial NW Frontier WIP); Tolkien-esque Elves and Orcs WIP; WFB (3rd/4th edition) High Elves WIP

Grahame

Count me in as wildlings - I have giants!
Winter is coming.......
Grahame

AndyHawes

Just a 'heads up' that I need to alter my chosen allegiance - I want to use the models from this warband as allies for my Wood Elves in the big Dragon Rampant game Andy Mac and I are doing at Hereward this year and need to use a colour scheme that doesn't include tons of yellow to make the models really stand out as separate from the Elves (who have yellow shields).

So I'd like to be 'The Knights of the Vale' instead, please. Nice blue and white colour scheme!!! Hope that doesn't mess anything up organisationally!!! I know that in the story they stand aloof from early fighting, but I didn't think that was a reason to ignore them for the campaign!!

Tom G

Well I fold I'm in.

Seeing as my army will mostly be mounted (brettonians)  and foot knights could any of the GOT savvy recommend a house for me?

Secondly in terms of  novels I need to read to get the back ground should I start with the first novel or can I just read clash of kings?

Thanks.