May 21, 2019, 09:34:05 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Farley

Ok, I'm putting my narrator's hat on for a bit...

Since we now have someone playing as King Stannis, it seems to me that we have a nice opportunity to actually follow the books for a bit. So the Baratheons' first battle should probably be against the Lannisters. Outside King's Landing. So if it's OK with everyone else, I'd like to book in Kevin vs Pippa for round 2.

In related news, King Renley is dead. House Tyrell may want to rethink their allegiance.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Carl Fisher

Without Renley - House Tyrell will support Targaryen - so Queen Daenerys for the Iron Throne!

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Pippa Peile

Quote from: Rob Farley on October 19, 2017, 03:01:24 pm
Ok, I'm putting my narrator's hat on for a bit...

Since we now have someone playing as King Stannis, it seems to me that we have a nice opportunity to actually follow the books for a bit. So the Baratheons' first battle should probably be against the Lannisters. Outside King's Landing. So if it's OK with everyone else, I'd like to book in Kevin vs Pippa for round 2.

Fine by me

Godbold

Shawn Comer

I will be out of town for work until November 20. I should be able to make up my game on that night.

Rob Farley

Kevin, just as a reminder you'll need some kind of marker to represent your house's position on the map.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on October 26, 2017, 10:00:41 pm
Kevin, just as a reminder you'll need some kind of marker to represent your house's position on the map.

Pretty sure I have them for his house. :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Mike Whitaker on October 27, 2017, 09:28:54 am
Quote from: Rob Farley on October 26, 2017, 10:00:41 pm

Pretty sure I have them for his house. :D

If you do, they're not with the others.

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on October 27, 2017, 01:14:41 pm
If you do, they're not with the others.

I have the designs, just didn't print last time for the obvious reason :D.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Godbold

Rob Farley

Markers again. Please can everybody who's won a game or two make sure that you have msrkers for your house. Mike only made a couple for most houses and we're already short of some (Gary).

Of course, this isn't an issue for some of you. :P

Andy Mellor

Due to the lack of victories by the Starks, House Bolton has declared for the King of Westeros (not Joffrey, the other one!!!). Roose Bolton has been declared Warden of the North.
All Northern Lords need to swear Loyalty to the Bolton's and the King of Westeros. All those that do not swear, will be flayed.

Andrew Beer

What form do markers take, do I need to make any?

Rob Farley

Quick note for tomorrow's game. Anyone who was supporting one of the now deceased wannabe monarchs will have to think about where (if anywhere) they throw their support. I think that this includes Carl, Dan, Ash, Andy H and Tom.

Daniel Phillips

Looking to avenge their fallen king House Mallister will give allegiance to whatever King is most in favour of the destruction of Lords Frey and Bolton.
Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
Current games & armies played- Gaslands: Idris. Full Thrust: NAC & NSL. Bolt Action: Late war German. Judge Dredd: Justice Dept & Renegade Robots. Kings of War: Dwarfs & Kingdoms of men. Mordheim: Skaven & Marianburg. Uncharted Seas: Iron Dwarfs. Necromunda: Orlock, Redemptionists & Van Saar. Direwolf Rampant : House Mallister.