• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

February 16, 2020, 09:39:23 pm

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

Bah. Still no heavy horse for the Watch then? :D :D
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Rob Farley

Well, no. Because nobody's asked for them despite me repeatedly asking for comment on the lists. :P
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 17, 2017, 11:31:57 pm
Well, no. Because nobody's asked for them despite me repeatedly asking for comment on the lists. :P

Pardon me for only having time to get my force assembled last week, then :D

Consider the above a comment: I'm not fully qualified to comment being as I'm still two seasons behind, but I don't remember the NW being that bow-heavy in the field...

Also, can I have an option for flame arrows?
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Mike Whitaker

September 19, 2017, 11:27:05 am #138 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:14:42 pm by Mike Whitaker
Quote from: Mike Whitaker on September 18, 2017, 09:32:32 am
Consider the above a comment: I'm not fully qualified to comment being as I'm still two seasons behind, but I don't remember the NW being that bow-heavy in the field...

Also, can I have an option for flame arrows?

Per conversation re the above with Rob last night:

Night's Watch can have Mounted Ranger Guard at 5 pts, as Heavy Riders who MUST take the Mounted Missiles option.

Flame arrows - yes but no in game effect. :D

Andy Mellor

Mike, the problem with the night watch is not the type of horse you get, but if you come south into the lands of the North, we're sworn to execute all deserters!!!!!
Our blades are sharp!

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 19, 2017, 12:30:30 pm
Mike, the problem with the night watch is not the type of horse you get, but if you come south into the lands of the North, we're sworn to execute all deserters!!!!!
Our blades are sharp!

Hmm. Paging Matt of House Stark. I think we need to talk, not least about this liegeman of yours.

Mike Whitaker

Rob - would you like a sub-board for this campaign? (Not that you can't create one yourself, of course :D)

Andy Mellor

Sorry Mike, act 1 scene 1. Rob Stark executing a Night Watchman!
I'm following the orders of my liege! Your only way is north? But I will send any prisoners your way ????

Carl Fisher

Willas Tyrell will lead out House Tyrell.

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 19, 2017, 01:03:07 pm
Sorry Mike, act 1 scene 1. Rob Stark executing a Night Watchman!
I'm following the orders of my liege! Your only way is north? But I will send any prisoners your way ????

Ned, actually. :D

Rob Farley

Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 19, 2017, 01:39:26 pm

Willas isn't much of a fighter, he's got a crippled leg and rarely leaves Highgarden. Garlan Tyrell (the 2nd son) would probably be a better choice.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Rob Farley

Quote from: Andy Mellor on September 19, 2017, 12:30:30 pm
Our blades are sharp!

There's a difference between being sent south on official business (which is fine) and going AWOL (which tends to leave you shorter by a head). Otherwise Yoren and the rest of the wandering crows would never make it back again.

Of course, if you choose not to observe that difference, that's up to you. ;D

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 19, 2017, 02:23:15 pm
Of course, if you choose not to observe that difference, that's up to you. ;D

I'm not sure the Night's Watch would appreciate being called deserters under present circumstances. :D

Carl Fisher

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 19, 2017, 02:18:57 pm
Quote from: Carl Fisher on September 19, 2017, 01:39:26 pm

Willas isn't much of a fighter, he's got a crippled leg and rarely leaves Highgarden. Garlan Tyrell (the 2nd son) would probably be a better choice.

You may be right - so Garlan the Gallant it is.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Andy Mellor

I'd be more than happy to entertain and feed small parties of Night Watch on the Lord Commanders business.

However, braking the oath; "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post", means they are due for the chop and maybe a bit of skining!