• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2020, 03:02:43 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

A Clash of Kings

Started by Rob Farley, December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippa Peile

I could do the Lannister one quite easily from the thingiverse file but if you were able to come up with something for the merman of Manderley that would be good!

Mike Whitaker

I'll have a play over the weekend and see what I can print up.

They'll be on grey filament, so you will need to paint them. Undercoat + acrylics seem to work fine.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Gary Martin

House Tarbeck of the Westerlands. Thought to be wiped out by incedious Lannisters but seemingly resurgent.

Gary Martin
'I do not fear an army of lions led by sheep, I fear an army of sheep led by a lion'. Alexander the Great

Figures: 28mm Imperial Roman and Ancient Britons 700 figures ish, 28mm Napoleonic French, Brits, Portugese and Dutch-Belgian, several thousand based for General de Brigade but work for most rules, 28mm WW2 German, Russian, British and US about company of each with vehicles 1 to 1. Large army's of 15mm Napoleonic most nations based to Napoleons Battles but fairly flexible.

Rob Farley

Quote from: Gary Martin on September 08, 2017, 11:32:16 am
House Tarbeck of the Westerlands. Thought to be wiped out by incedious Lannisters but seemingly resurgent.

Ah, the ones that didn't get a song written about them. ;D

List updated.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

What size bases are folks using for foot?
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada<br />28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Carl Fisher

I am using 20mm Square for foot and 25x50mm for Mounted. Don't think base size really matters.
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Pippa Peile

Our foot is on 25mm rounds , again with 25x50 for horses

Mike Whitaker

Followup question - do folks think Night Watch cavalry should be throwing spear or bow armed? (They're Light Foot as per Rob's lists).

Rob Farley

I'm on 20mm rounds for infantry, 25x50mm ovals for cavalry. But like Carl said, exact size doesn't matter much.

And I'd go with bows for the Night's Watch.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

Mike Whitaker

Quote from: Rob Farley on September 11, 2017, 03:57:10 pm
And I'd go with bows for the Night's Watch.

Damn. Was afraid you were going to say that :D

Rob Farley

OK, I've had a few questions from various people about the rules so I've done what should hopefully be the final update (and yes, I know I said that last time).

Also, I'll need to know the names of everybody's leaders so that I can do the write-ups that all the campaigns are meant to be doing this year. Pick a character from the books/TV series/other background material or invent your own. I don't need this right now but I will need it by the start of the campaign so give it some thought if you haven't already.

If you're not familiar with the background let me know and I'll come up with some suggestions.

Carl Fisher

What are the differences between this final version and the last one?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Rob Farley

Not much. Changed the wording in a few places and clarified the battle phase. The only material difference is that the victors now have the option to remove their opponent's victory marker instead of placing one of their own.

Mike Whitaker

Any changes to the army lists?

Rob Farley

Fixed a typo in the Dorne list, that's all.