• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2019, 05:21:52 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Border Reivers Campaign

Started by colinabrett, December 03, 2016, 11:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

colinabrett

Hello,

A few files needed for the campaign. Uploaded here are the Reiver Families notes (which have changed since the last printed copies were handed out, so you might want to download a new copy) and the rules for Capture and Ransom.

Colin

colinabrett

Hi,

Some more files may be needed for the campaign. Unfortunately, my scanned copies are too large to upload to the forum, so please email or PM me through the forum and I'll send you copies of the relevant PDFs.

Please note: any files uploaded here are either my own work or are clearly labelled "permission granted to duplicate for personal use" in the main rules. I hope this is acceptable to the Club with regards to copyright. I will, of course, remove them if necessary.

Colin

Rob Farley

What size are the files? We might be able to adjust some settinfs.
Current games (and armies) played: Gaslands, Direwolf Rampant, Frostgrave, Bolt Action & Operation Squad (Desert Rats, Communist Chinese, Russians, partisans, Americans, Finns, Italian Paras), In Her Majesty's Name, Judge Dredd Miniatures, Dreadball, Deadzone, Mobile Frame Zero, Uncharted Seas (Orcs), Necromunda (Pit Slaves, Escher), Wings of War (WWI and WWII), Mordheim, Alien vs Predator, Warpath

Current Projects: Brotherhood Without Banners, Jomsvikings, the Blaine Legion, Gaslands vehicles, WWII Danish

colinabrett

Here are the files which were too big to upload originally (I found a black-and-white scan option). As before, these are clearly labelled as "permission to duplicate" so hopefully I won't get the club into trouble.

Rob: the files I had problems with were over 5Mb. These new versions are 300Kb-ish, so no changes to the forum settings should be needed. Thanks for your suggestion.

Colin

Andy Miller

Please count me in for the campaign. I bought a timeline family "march wardens" or similar and now have 2x spearmen, 2x sword and shield, 1x sword only and 1x Character with sword. Nice castings at a fair price. I've added 2x bowmen that I had left over from another project, so just need to get painting :)
Does anyone have a spare arquabus argabust   gunpowder bloke that they'd be prepared to sell me?
I'll like to be the "Dodds"
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Grahame

Hi Andy - I've got a few old warhammer empire figures - the ones that were designed by the perrys -that look quite elizabethan which you can have. I'll bring a few down the club for you to have a look at to see if they are ok alongside your others.
Grahame

Andy Miller

Thanks Grahame exactly what was required  ;D
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

colinabrett

Hello All,

Many thanks to those who have shown interest in this campaign.

I have a start date pencilled in with Mike: Monday 10th July 2017 and then the second Monday of the month until King James VI and I pacify the borders!  :o

I will have three families ready to play for those who don't have their own warbands painted up. Please let me know if you need to borrow a family.

@Mike : Can you please confirm that July 10th is still OK? I missed this week so the slot might have been occupied by another campaign.

Regards,
Colin

Carl Fisher

Hope you have a mechanism for missed months? I am on Holiday that Monday - but obviously in for the long haul!

Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

Mike Whitaker

Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, KoW Elves, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Pippa Peile

Colin, I really liked the A4 sheet we were using at Partizan that had our peoples stats as well as quick reference info. Is this one you made and if so, would it be possible to do a variation with blanks for us to fill in when we've worked our stats out?
I know there is the characters 4-to-a-page sheet but I for one, would find it really helpful to have all on one page, with the QR info, particularly until we get more used to the game.

colinabrett

Hello,

Attached are two drafts of the opening scenarios for the campaign. I'm trying to add some period flavour to each scenario. The first is a straight-out fight to get everyone used to the rules. The second is a "prequel" to the Partizan scenario, exploring one reason why a Truce Day may have broken down. I have asked for advice on the Second Thunder forums regarding setting time limits on the second scenario ... otherwise I may just have to wing it.

I hope you find these useful. I'm open to suggestions for improving them.

Regards,
Colin

colinabrett

Quote from: Pippa Peile on June 09, 2017, 10:32:33 am
Colin, I really liked the A4 sheet we were using at Partizan that had our peoples stats as well as quick reference info. Is this one you made and if so, would it be possible to do a variation with blanks for us to fill in when we've worked our stats out?
I know there is the characters 4-to-a-page sheet but I for one, would find it really helpful to have all on one page, with the QR info, particularly until we get more used to the game.

Hi Pippa,

Attached is a blank copy of the roster sheet we used at Partizan. It is in Microsoft Word format, so should be open-able by any MS Word version. Please note, there are only 4 slots for model characteristics. You may want to play around with the font size (it was made bigger for clarity in the participation game) to accommodate a larger warband.

Regards,
Colin

Carl Fisher

Only suggestion - Scenario 2 - I suggest the Attacker activates first - makes more sense to me.

Are you intending to pair opponents on the evening and just miss out those not present - or match up none those not present for later matches?
Games Played (Armies): WAB + WaC (IER Roman, Early Saxons and variants, Normans), WFB (Empire), 40K (Spacemarines), Uncharted Seas (Empire, Shroud Mages), WAB English Civil War (English!), Operation Squad (British) SAGA (Normans, Jomsvikings), Mordheim, Wings of War/Glory WWI, Dreadball, Chain of Command (British), Frostgrave, Sails of Glory and many others!!

colinabrett

Quote from: Carl Fisher on May 30, 2017, 08:30:52 am
Hope you have a mechanism for missed months? I am on Holiday that Monday - but obviously in for the long haul!

Hello Carl,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

We can always squeeze in an ad-hoc game between the scheduled campaign sessions. The first scenario is a simple knock-down-drag-out fight, so, if played against the Collingwood family and a neutral opponent, your family can still gain Reputation in the campaign and the other player's family will not (for that one game).

Hope this idea is OK.

Colin