• Welcome to Peterborough Wargames Club. Please login or sign up.

August 11, 2020, 10:37:45 am

News:

Note for prospective members:
* Please choose a screen name that reflects your real name
* Please drop an email note to the info@ address introducing yourself.

Nick Hawkins

Started by Mike Whitaker, November 02, 2016, 12:26:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Whitaker

It is with great sadness we have to record that Nick Hawkins, one of our club members, has passed away suddenly. Nick was an inventive creator of games, working at the time of his death both on the Props and Pilots WW2 air rules, and his delightful Twilight Practice variant on the Sharp Practice rules.

His brother writes:

QuoteI am writing to share with you some very sad news.  My dearly beloved brother Nick has passed away at the very young age of 55.  He died at home in his bed of natural causes.  Just as this will come as a shock to you, so it has been a shock to me.  Nick had not knowingly been in poor health but had an undiagnosed condition that caused his death.  Thankfully, I am assured that he would gradually have lost consciousness and would not have experienced any pain.

We all have our memories of Nick, - too many to share.  To me though in amongst the great intelligence, numerous skills and his human frailties, he was always my very loving and much loved big brother.  His loss has left a void that will never be filled.

Nick will be missed: our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
15mm: WW2 US, British/Canadian and Heer infantry companies + support
54mm: HYW French and British
1/1000: Sails of Glory (lots)
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

This sig is a GW- and Flames of War-free (except for the figures I own!) zone.

Mike Whitaker

I shall be writing to his brother to express condolences from the club, and am hoping to be able to represent the club at Nick's funeral.
Games (currently) Played: IABSM, Dux Britanniarum, Sails of Glory, Gaslands, What A Tanker!, SW: Armada
28mm: Parthians, Early Imperial Roman, British Tribes, Saxons, Norman/Christian Spanish, English Civil War Royalists; WW2 Wehrmacht, Red Devils, Home Guard; Judge Dredd Judges, Dreadball Void Sirens. GoT Night's Watch
WIP: 28mm WW2 British Commandos; 28mm War of the Roses, Peninsular British/French/Spanish; 28mm Coalition Wars SF; 15mm Fallschirmjaeger and US Paras, lots of 15mm WW2 vehicles. 1/2400 WW2 Naval

Andy Miller

A sad loss to his family, our club and grand scheme of things in general.
Andy
Judge Dredd (Judges/Cal 2k+pts, Ape gang), FoW (MidWar German armour 2k pts, MidWar Afrika Corps 2k pts, LateWar German 4k+pts), Bolt Action (German, US Infantry), OpSquad (Panzer Grenadiers, Falschirmjaeger, Brit Inf), Dux Brit (Saxons), WoW (a small airforce), Fantasy (High Elves, Brets), Dystopian (FSA), Uncharted seas (Iron Dwarves), Sails of glory, X-wing, Dreadball (Humans and Dwarves), Check your six. Star Wars Armada. ECW Parliamentarian army.

Mike Whitaker

Nick's funeral is on Tuesday 15th November at 2pm, at Barton Glebe woodland burial ground.